Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternative to Feldberg.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My brain is about to explode with the amount of reading I have done to try to fathom the best place to go.

Basically I am traveling with two children (8 and 14) to Basel mid February and did plan to go to Gringelwald but as we are only away for 3 days I thought perhaps feldberg was an option.

But then I read feldberg isn't the best for kids and there are alternative small resorts in the Black Forest. Is that the case?

We are not into sking but love sledding.

Obviously snow or lack of is also a concern.

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated to save my sanity. snowHead

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Christina_80G, are you going at the weekend? Feldberg is known for getting very busy at the weekends, at least weekends when it has snow… and I regularly hear on the traffic reports at weekends in winter that there are long delays on the access road. If you are going midweek then disregard. I have been twice in late December for a day trip and there was no snow both times, we went hiking for the day! The ski area is not „alpine“ if you are looking for that - more like hills than mountains and without the alpine charm. That might be unfair, as it was several years ago I last went but it‘s certainly different to the Jungfrau. It depends what you are looking for, it‘s certainly much cheaper.

I don‘t sledge but I‘ve also heard that Feldberg is not optimal for that. I don‘t know what other resorts there are in the Black forest apart from Notschrei which is really quite small. There are also some small resorts across the border in France in the Vosges in France. However I have never visited these. Some info here:
https://www.massif-des-vosges.fr/les-stations-du-massif/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAz9ieBhCIARIsACB0oGIQ35qA4C3hRm9Ay7R_QJnbEuS_ULRdZ8qxH7GHGL0lBbqsffA-noYaAiGsEALw_wcB

Sörenberg in Switzerland is a sweet little resort much cheaper than the Jungfrau and very orientated to families.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gämsbock wrote:
@Christina_80G, are you going at the weekend? Feldberg is known for getting very busy at the weekends, at least weekends when it has snow… and I regularly hear on the traffic reports at weekends in winter that there are long delays on the access road. If you are going midweek then disregard. I have been twice in late December for a day trip and there was no snow both times, we went hiking for the day! The ski area is not „alpine“ if you are looking for that - more like hills than mountains and without the alpine charm. That might be unfair, as it was several years ago I last went but it‘s certainly different to the Jungfrau. It depends what you are looking for, it‘s certainly much cheaper.

I don‘t sledge but I‘ve also heard that Feldberg is not optimal for that. I don‘t know what other resorts there are in the Black forest apart from Notschrei which is really quite small. There are also some small resorts across the border in France in the Vosges in France. However I have never visited these. Some info here:
https://www.massif-des-vosges.fr/les-stations-du-massif/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAz9ieBhCIARIsACB0oGIQ35qA4C3hRm9Ay7R_QJnbEuS_ULRdZ8qxH7GHGL0lBbqsffA-noYaAiGsEALw_wcB

Sörenberg in Switzerland is a sweet little resort much cheaper than the Jungfrau and very orientated to families.

@Gämsbock Thank you for the reply. We are going mid week, so not the weekend but I thought about what you said, so we are now going to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, which now gives us a few options as its close to Grindelwald.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy