Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing suggestions for April

Poster: A snowHead
Hi just needed some advice, did my first ski trip the end of last April in Hinterglemm following advice from here and the season was almost shut but with most restaurants and ski schools open

Again this year i can only go WC 10/04 (from easter) or the week after 17/04, i was thinking a higher resort like Tignes/La Pagne (flexible) and for now just booking a flight to Geneva as prices are reasonable from London.

Just wanted some advice on resort recommendations for beginners, must have a good ski school options, some bars and prices not too top end..can anyone recommend anywhere? Also will it make a difference going on the 10th or 17th given season ending, my friend can only go 17th so will otherwise be solo?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15/04 is a Saturday so if you can go on that date there is the EOSB in Val Thorens
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161812

£555 for shared accommodation but this includes a weeks lift pass. In addition, there is some ski instruction at a phenomenal rate.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are reasonable second week skiers I would look at Saas Fee.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val Thorens is hard to beat for beginners that time of year. I‘ve been 5 times that week on the EoSB which is the same week and conditions have always been pretty good. VT is open into May so it‘s never felt like season is over there that week.

The EoSB itself is excellent as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Watching and always asking the same question each year!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks will read up on the EOSB sounds like it will be a good option, if catering for beginners. Any othrr resort recommendations appreciated!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowysarah wrote:
Watching and always asking the same question each year!

Each year?! I had a recommendation last year for the first time ski trip, and its that time of year again Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, me not you!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always ask where should I go at Easter as my mind is so full of work related stuff I rely on recommendations. Not a dig at you I promise. I love these threads and seeing other people’s suggestions
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll second the suggestion of EoSB.
I learnt to snowboard in Val Thorens over three successive Easter holidays. There are some decent blues (Moraine was my favourite confidence-building run)and the snow has been great at Easter.

A few years later I discovered snowHeads and went on my first bash - which was the EoSB.

The EoSB ticks quite a few boxes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ischgl is a good shout that time of year
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scotland is often at its best in April

Not too top end
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
17th april is very late in the season, I think VT would 100% be the place I’d pin my hopes on and the bash price looks really good so that’s what I’d do without doubt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m planning on Val Thorens for a long weekend 21 to 24 April. If the late season turns out to be exceptional (and not too warm) I might even risk La Clusaz or possibly Argentiere in Chamonix but I’ll leave it late to book the accommodation either way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Norway's supposed to be good late season? I did a skool ski trip there in April 1962 and the snow was OK! But I had nothing to compare it with.
latest report
Agree that for beginners wanting good ski school, Norway or Sweden could be nice that late in the year. @Skinewbie1, Look in the Trip Reports section with someone staying in Are, see what you think.
snow conditions
@red 27, so true but I doubt op is after gullies
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy