Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FlyBe ceases trading (again!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Birmingham Airport based airline Flybe has ceased trading with all flights cancelled

Originally based at Exeter, Devon, the airline started up again from Birmingham Airport after it was bought out of administration in 2021. The airline first collapsed in 2019 with the loss of 2,000 jobs.

Now the airline has collapsed again. It comes less than a year after new Flybe's first flights out Birmingham, in April 2022. It also served airports such as Belfast City, East Midlands, Glasgow, Heathrow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds Bradford and Amsterdam.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And the one from Birmingham to Geneva this morning, sorry for those folks who have to reorganise their holiday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh balls. Sorry to all those stuck or stressing madly now
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So gutted for anyone flying Flybe. I’m literally about to drive to the airport for a weeks skiing and if I had this to contend with right now, it would be terrible.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shame, and cuts down (even more) the list of small UK regional airlines.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awful news. Anybody know why? As I thought travel was increasing?

Really feel for those with travel planned, this weeks, not soooo bad as getting alternative flights is possibility but those booked for Feb half term and attempting to find alternate flights Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why does anyone fly with an airline that had gone bankrupt only a year ago? I know, I know, someone had to fly with them or they won’t be around at all. And I’m sure the flight must be cheap as chips. But there’s a lot of risk flying with the hmm… “fly by night”!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

And I’m sure the flight must be cheap as chips.

Nope. But some of their routes were very convenient for some.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To some extent it’s a case of “Build it and they will come”. The small regional airports and airlines rely on the commuter and business passengers for day to day operations, and that market has disappeared with the massive rise of working from home and video meetings.

In the early days, the Ryan Air’s and EasyJet’s often flew to the minor airports because they had much cheaper handling fees, which made them perfect for many for whom travelling for hours to a major airport, to fly to another major airport, to then travel hours to their final destination. So the airlines created artificial markets, that were very delicately balance and prone to become uneconomic if anything changed.

The upside for the collapse of these airlines is for the environment, as thousands of flights are being removed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

So the airlines created artificial markets

I think that was noticeable in some parts of France - easyJet started a service, and lots of Brits threw money at decaying rural dwellings, creating a bit of a mini housing boom. Lots of french farmers rubbing their hands in glee at the new-found value of an ancient outbuilding. Then easyJet stopped flying from London to Perpignan (or wherever).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy