Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Ski School Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon Folks,

We're heading back to our beloved Ischgl next week and we've a few newbies with us.
They booked ski school in November (plenty of time) and I was just chatting with one of them about it.....they told me they start time is 11:15 ??!!.

That sounds pretty late to me??....is this a new thing?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be very surprised. I've seen plenty of beginners being taught on the nursery slope much earlier than that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dazman, not sure about Ischgl, but 11:15/30 is a fairly standard “second” lesson slot in France.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm guessing they've booked into a second/lunchtime slot, after the first round of lessons has been done.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmm..."the second slot" that's what I thought...but I presumed because they booked in early November (it was late Oct actually) they'd have had the option to pick the early class.

I brought 2 newbies in 2020 and they were definitely at 09:00 and they skied all day with a lunch break...this is just 3 hours straight through.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
get them to ask if they can be moved earlier? Did they book privates or groups? When my friends have booked privates in Austria it has been the 2nd slot with our kids in ski school first slots!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Both one of my friends and I learned to ski as adults in Ischgl a few years apart and they do have slightly odd ski school times, all scheduled to start 'late' in the morning, then have a theoretical 30 min lunch break, then carry on after lunch. That's group ski school, private lessons were generally first thing, before ski school or end of day, after ski school.

Hard to remember exactly but was either 90min or 2hr each side of lunch. Does mess up the whole meeting non-beginner friends for lunch/to ski after lessons - but certainly week #1 I was dead after the lesson each day and happy to juat gondola down and soak in the bath Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy