Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What thing do you wish there was a better solution to

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd imagine anyone who can invent one will make an absolute killing, so I'm assuming it's just not economically possible right now. Ah - and I see an example has been posted!
Choose what you want to do and do it, I don't think people are really forced to choose one or the other (though I remember the days when boarding started and several US (at least) mountains banned them! Moved on since then I hope). I loved boarding when I did it, not only because of the footwear but because I was taught properly from the beginning!, but went back to skiing to accompany my children as they learned.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wish there was a way to keep people from skiing on powder days, so that I could have untracked powder all day long. And also, I wish there was a solution to having powder days every time I go skiing. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@0nlyEverBoard#, @Richard_Sideways,

I am the only one who hates his snowboard boots with a vengeance? Terribly uncomfortable instruments of torture they are. My lovely ski boots on the other hand, fit and forget.

I do have very odd sized feet with 3/4 of a size different though. Scott, (of Edge and Wax fame) spent hours modifying the outers to get my big foot in one comfortably, whereas the muppets, sorry fitters at Slush and Rubble spent...oh must be 15 minutes then told me that was the best I could expect!

Does anywhere modify Snowboard boots to fit?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@0nlyEverBoard#, See, your problem there was starting with snowboarding. If you'd have started with skiing you would have just accepted that that's the way boots feel. Though I've got my own boots, and whilst not light, they are comfortable.

I've never snowboarded. I've no interest in it. I have a lot of respect for snowboarders when, to me, it looks like you're sliding downhill on an ironing board and somehow managing to stay upright. But your boots do look lovely and light.

No call as a snowboarder for something to do with poma lifts?!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
0nlyEverBoard# wrote:
Ski boots (vs Snowboard boots).
I'm 47 and really really want to start sking. My entire previous experience is one day about 15 years ago and I was actually quite good at it....but felt like i hated every moment based on the stupid heavy clumpy bricks paralysing the ends of my legs. Within a couple of hours all I wanted was my snowboard back, I couldn't begin to imagine an apres session in them, or stairs, or tiled floors. The list never ends.
Ski boots and bindings are trapped in a evolutionary cul-de-sac, a route that I'll never be able to take until a long overdue technical revolution is found.

Ski boots are really funny on tiled floors I'd agree. Someone in our party got stuck in one of those scooby-doo type loops in an Italian restaurant while carrying spaghetti bolognese. which ultimately got flung during the inevitable balance failure end point, sticking to the wall and gently running down to everyone's amusement Very Happy

You can get them comfortable though with good fitting etc, there should be no excuses for that to be wrong.

As primarily a skier, I learnt so much about balance from learning to board though. All positive for me in both disciplines.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy