Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AT Binding Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey All...Intermediate skier here who has caught the AT bug and have a binding question as I put together a AT package for mainly climbing the slopes at my local Mt with a bit of backcountry here in the East. I have already purchased a set of Atomic boots, settled on a pair of Salomon skis but was hoping for some feedback on bindings. I've narrowed my choices down to a set of Salomon S/Lab Shift MNC's or the Marker Baron EPF's. I'm leaning towards the Salomon's but have had some recommendations for the Marker's and was hoping some of you knowledgable folks could share some insights before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ChoppedMeat, The Shifts and Barons are fundamentally different. The Shifts require tech inserts in your boot for climbing and then ski down like a regular binding. The Barons are referred to as Frame Bindings and they can be used, up and down, with any normal alpine boot and do not make use of tech inserts. The Shifts will be nicer to climb in, a little lighter and have a more natural movement but if you have only bought normal boots then you can't climb in them and will have to buy frame bindings, i.e. the Barons. If you have bought boots with tech inserts then it would seem daft not to make use of them and the recommendation to buy the Shifts over the Barons would be almost unanimous. Don't worry if you have just bought normal boots, until you start doing huge days in the backcountry, frame bindings are fine, I ski on Barons and am quite happy with them
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy