Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spinale direttissima black run in Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks.
Wondering if any on here had been down this run before - in particular the lower bit, the 'Schumacher Streif'? Keen to know if it gets regularly groomed, or if it's one of these runs that's left to mogul for a week's on end?

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing in Madonna is that hard ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very nice run, top bit to the chair is like a good red with a few steep pitches. Bottom bit, think like bottom bit of Face when you go from the path into the steep bit. Not really ever seen it moguled.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely run, can get a bit scraped/icy depending on conditions but usually fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
North west facing but very shaded by mountain and trees. The steepest bit is at the bottom but as per normal for Italy, no bumps. You don’t get a decent seat on the gondola back up either. Theres a black/red down to the nicest chair (Nube d’Oro) from the top of Spinale as well, worth doing for the ride back up. There’s a longer black in Pinzolo (Tulot) and a short steep at the top of 5 Laghi Gondola. If you want an audience, the black under Miramonti is on the WC slalom circuit and finishes right in town. Dos del Penia above Marilleva is a bit harder to reach, slow chairs. Amazzonia is probably the easiest in the area but SE facing so can get a bit soft in the middle of the afternoon. The ones into Folgarida are nice if you like a long shady run through a forest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love that schumacher streif, it can get hard packed, with little balls of snow that can collect at the bottom of the steep bit, but it's a lovely run.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stevew, I did this year, just in March we went over for a few days, the snow was fairly good, but because it was getting warm you had that loose snow, and it threw up fairly good piles, we did all the runs, the spinale had good moguls by the end of the day, and it was massive fun, the end bit the schumacher was really bumped.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my experience the bottom section isn't that bumpy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our biggest issue on that section last season was people walking their dogs, letting them off the leash. On two occasions, my son or I had to change direction to avoid a mutt on the piste.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mcaff wrote:
Hi folks.
Wondering if any on here had been down this run before - in particular the lower bit, the 'Schumacher Streif'? Keen to know if it gets regularly groomed, or if it's one of these runs that's left to mogul for a week's on end?

Cheers!

The Italians leaving a run to get mogulled!!!?? Laughing

We can live in hope, but sadly, just as runs start to get interesting by the end of the day, they send out the army of piste bashers overnight and destroy everything.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I beg to differ re Spinale Diretissima the times I have been on it has been unpisted ..in fact roped off at the top to tell you so
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spinale direttissima

At first I thought it was a thread about a degenerative skeletal disorder Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveD wrote:
I beg to differ re Spinale Diretissima the times I have been on it has been unpisted ..in fact roped off at the top to tell you so
Yea Dave it was the end of the day when it was really bumpy, because the snow was soft, even the pancuglio was getting a bit bumpy too, you know that soft stuff you get after a warm day,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy