Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report from Arabba 22/1/23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow Snowheads,

After a long, long, long break from the snow, I finally managed to get to Garni Bellavista this last week, it was wonderful to see Sebastian and Giuseppe and all their staff again after the long break. For those familiar, the ‘Garni Bellavista 2 Step’ is still in play, so choose your food carefully Eh oh! . The snow conditions are the best I have ever encountered, snow every day, late afternoon and we’ll into the evening, very cold night time temps, leading to grippy and super conditions on piste, and a some great off piste too.

For those heading over to the Saslong and Col Raiser/La Longia, a word of warning for your return. They have implemented a traffic system at the mid area of the Saslong which is nuts, completely destroys the challenge of skiing top to bottom without stopping, whilst completely blocking access to the return chairlift as you return on the Saslong bubble. Now you have to schuss/walk across the piste to get to the Sochers chairlift, which then takes you up to an access ramp which drops into a narrow fenced piste which brings you back to the mid piste area. So the Red, Black and return all converge on one narrow choke point, you need to keep your wits about you whilst making sure you take the right chute that brings you down to the Campinoi chairlift to get back onto the Sellaronda via pistes 4, 5. See attached image

Those heading out for the bash, enjoy!

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tankerdriver, thanks for the report. I’m off to Selva on Friday, so great to hear how good the conditions are.
I had heard about the diversion on Saslong/ Sochers. It sounds ludicrous. Why do you think they have done it?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EdYarker wrote:
@Tankerdriver, thanks for the report. I’m off to Selva on Friday, so great to hear how good the conditions are.
I had heard about the diversion on Saslong/ Sochers. It sounds ludicrous. Why do you think they have done it?

Sounds like local politics/curmudgeonly land owner, see https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161831&start=240#5075892
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah! Local politics. I should have guessed. Thanks @Alastair Pink,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have emailed the DolomitiSuperski people with a report, specifically asking what their legal defence is should someone be injured following a collision in this created choke point. It was busy last Friday and it is low season there still, so heaven only knows what will happen when the Saslong gets really busy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy