Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Ski Boot Shop Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
It's been quite a while since I bought ski boots! Last pair were from Craigdon in Perth (when they had a bigger store) as I live quite close by - looked at previous threads, but they're all pretty old.
Can anyone recommend a good boot fitter/store in Scotland please? Glasgow/Edinburgh/Aviemore all within driving distance. Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guys in Tiso, Rose St Edinburgh were good especially with Mrs G who has difficulty in past getting comfortable fit.
She had been in Craigdon in Edinburgh previously but didn't click with the fitter that was on that day. To be fair they were still waiting for most of their stock to arrive at that point.
I got boot envy and got a new pair myself.
Both our old pairs were over fifteen years old.
Just back from a weeks skiing and both happy bunny's
It's been mentioned on other threads but be aware most boots come with Walk Grip which is not compatible with older bindings.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still a good selection in the new shop at Craigdon Perth.
Karla who use to run the place now owns it (they're all independent but operate under the Craigdon logo) so yes it's a smaller shop but I'd say still the place to go, Karla knows her stuff, she will probably be out testing next years kit next week but you should contact her, she'll get you sorted.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sadly I can no longer recommend Banks of Perth, we have had a couple of disappointing experiences there in the last year or two.

Son no1 was fitted at Tiso in Edinburgh. I was quite impressed, it was a youngish Canadian guy who asked all the right questions, took time to understand what type of skiing he does, and was keen to emphasise that they would happily adjust further if needed. That said my son is fairly average size and has straightforward feet, he has always been the easiest to fit.

I have not tried Craigdon but have heard it is worth making an appointment and making sure you get the most experienced fitter.

I am still upset that Alain Baxter closed shop, he was top notch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@malarkey99, I got my new fitted (Telemark) ski boots last year at Aviemore Mountain Sports (owned by Braemar Mountain Sports) and can recommend them. https://www.facebook.com/CairngormMountainSports/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have always used Banks of Perth on St John Street.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another endorsement for Blues in Tisos in Rose Street Edinburgh. People who know what they are talking about and are willing to give each customer the time needed to get the boots right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Nordica Grip Walk boots have a set of 'normal' front/back sole bits that can easily be screwed on for older bindings.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No experience of ski boot fitting in craigdon Perth but we had a really good experience there when buying a avalanche transceiver. It was around 4pm on Christmas Eve and the shop was closing but the staff were really helpful, knew their stuff, and didn’t rush us at all - there were 3 of them still there chatting about half hour after they were meant to close! On Christmas Eve! So based on that I’d definitely have them on my list of where to buy boots
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have had very poor customer service in Craigdon Perth Crying or Very sad and ended up going to Craigdon Edinburgh who did a very good job - boots that fit perfectly without any tweaking necessary.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe Craigdon in Inverness should have a special mention here. Colin and Elaine are both excellent boot fitters with tons of knowledge and experience. I've been getting my boots from them since I was a child! They have the tools and expertise to get you in the right boot. Very good range of alpine and touring boots! Make sure you book an appointment with them, as you would be lucky to get a walk in appointment. They will work tirelessly to make sure the boot you get is right for you. On top of that, they make a pretty good cuppa.

If you want boot fitters who knows what their doing...just go here.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
1st post and plugging a buisness....... I hope there better than craigdon aberdeen, I haven't bought any kit from them since they sold me duff boots.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@malarkey99, I absolutely love Craigdon Aberdeen. Excellent fitters and our group of 9 have all had their fitting there. I have normal ankles and massive calves (as does 1 other in the group) & I found hire boots a nightmare, then tried Nevisport and got a really bad fitting.
Craigdon were professional, helpful and well informed and I’m about 6 seasons in with these boots. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would ask for Ian or Ewen at Tiso Edinburgh if
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skiseekers, Nearly a Year on from the OP asking the question, I would hope they had some new boots by now !!! Wink
latest report
Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
Best not to rush into these things Eh oh!
snow conditions
@albob, Very Happy @ScottishTouring, brought it to the top
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy