Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale - Advice request

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at a week in March and Passo Tonale always seems to make its way onto our list of potential places to go.

It would be two of us both intermediate skiers.

The thing that always puts us off is the layout of the resort. The lifts are set along a what looks like a long road and it worries us that there would be a lot of carrying skiis up and down the road to get to the various lifts.

Google earth doesn't help much and I cant really tell if the runs finish slightly up the hill so you can ski down to the lift you want to use or if it is skis off and walk every time you want to change to a different run.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was a similar thread a few weeks ago…

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=162694

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaddyM, I skied it last year, and taking skis off was extremey rare (and generally just to get onto a gondola). It is much better linked than it looks on the map - walking up and down roads only needed if you specifically want to, or to get to specific bars Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is really reassuring. Thanks for the reply
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with @fixx, not a problem. (Ski area is not big though, so not the best as area if you are going for a full week and like variety.)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be honest we are very casual skiers so doing the same runs we are comfortable on a few times is fine for us.

Our favourite resort is probably Schlick2000 which is fairly small but we like the runs and everything is fairly tame which works well for us.

I think Tonale might be one to consider for us. As I mentioned our main concern was having to carry skis around all week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PaddyM, in that case, should be fine!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You’ll enjoy it but don’t forget about Ponte Di legno. The best and quietest pistes were down there. Felt like I had the place almost to myself in late March last year until I unfortunately had a heavy crash and broke my shoulder ball into 4 pieces.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also looking at this resort but for new to skiing kids. Hopefully the beginner lifts are well linked. Interested to know if the gondola goes to and from ponte di legno as a retour for the kids.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of school trips go there (one of my granddaughters is going for half term) so I imagine there are plenty of ski school options.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Interested to know if the gondola goes to and from ponte di legno as a retour for the kids.

Gondola runs both ways but IIRC it's a nice easy green run from Passo Tonale down towards Ponte di Legno - there's then a Gondola midstation where yo ucan either get the gondalo into PdL or take a red run
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy