Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass for montgenevre and surrounding ski areas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to work out if there is a pass available that includes montgenevre and all accessible areas. It seems there are some where you can have a day free at different areas but I’m not sure we are that organised and I have a fear of ending up in the wrong place without the correct pass ! Any advice welcome !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can buy the Via Lattea lift pass. Which gives you unrestricted access across Sestriere, Sauze d'Oulx, San Sicario, Cesana, Clavière, Pragelato and Montgenèvre.

https://www.vialattea.it/en/skipass/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you ! Annoyingly it doesn’t look like you can get an under 15 pass. Does anyone know if there are ticket machines in montgenevre where you can collect these tickets from if we buy online ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're based in Montgenevre, as long as you have the 6 day Monts de la Lune pass, which covers Montgenevre & Claviere, you can get 2 days free in the full Milky Way. That may be sufficient, as it's quite a schlep across the valley at Cesana and up to Sansicario to access Sauze and Sestriere.

It gives 4hrs skiing on your arrival day from 1pm and also allows days in other Grande Galaxie resorts like Serre Che and PSV too (need to grab a voucher in Montgenevre liftpass office first). You would need transport for those though. There always used to be a regular public bus down to Briancon for Serre Che, but you probably need a car for the others.

https://skipass.montgenevre.com/en/avantages-6-jours

The family pass is for 2ad+2jun for an extra saving if that fits in with your group.

https://skipass.montgenevre.com/en/tarifs-guichet

If you're staying in Montgenevre, I would say book on the French site as you might not be able to pick up the passes in France if you book on the Italian one linked in a previous post.

Unless there's a huge discount or they are limited in some way, I'm always wary of pre-paying liftpasses, just in case there's an issue with the skiing or the skiers. It's always harder to get money back once it's paid.

Though if they have machines that read a QR code and dispense tickets, it's worth doing online to avoid queues at the office.

You could always book and pay online on arrival in resort, once you're sure everything will be open and skiable and everyone in your group is fit to ski.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 21-01-23 13:56; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, just noticed with these web only discounted Family packs with kids up to 18, you get a big discount of 50% off the 2nd and subsequent Juniors. But they are only available if you book online 10 days in advance. It seems they want your money upfront!! rolling eyes

https://skipass.montgenevre.com/en/offres-web

The ones with 2ad +2 juniors up to 15 look like they are more available to purchase on the day, but with only €10 discount per person, they work out slightly more expensive:

https://skipass.montgenevre.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-via-lattea-1413/?s=2022-12-17&sk%5B0%5D%5Bcc%5D=ADULT&sk%5B1%5D%5Bcc%5D=ADULT&sk%5B2%5D%5Bcc%5D=CHILD&sk%5B3%5D%5Bcc%5D=CHILD&dp=0
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you - that’s really helpful !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I looked for season passes. You can get mont genevre or Milky Way, but not both on one pass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy