Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chile and Argentina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going for a month to Chile and Argentina in July/August. We will spend 11 days in Bariloche and are open to ideas of where else to go that won't require me to remortgage the house.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chapelco is nearby

Worth a visit

So too all the other Lake District resorts

Best done as a road trip
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Thank you for the reply. Is there a town local to the resort so I can check on places to stay and the costs?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
San Martin de Los Andes for Chapelco

Villa La Angostura for Cerro Bayo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If staying in Santiago you can do day trips to the slopes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree on the road trip. Pucon for Villarica, local hamlet (Las Trancas?) for Nieves de Chillan.

Las Lenas is a haul from anywhere and doesn't seem to have much cheap accomodation.

11 days seems a lot for Bariloche - no problem if snow is good but the ski areas aren't massive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’d recommend Osorno. We explored the backcountry and hiked up and skied down it with the wonderful Andescross mountain guiding company in 2010. We also did Puyehue.
https://www.andescross.com/patagonia-backcountry-ski-touring/
Unforgettable experience.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are you considering a road trip? Since you will be spending 11 days in Bariloche, why not visit other destinations?
You may get some ideas from this itinerary:

Day 1-2: Santiago
Day 2-3: Puerto Varas
Day 3-6: Bariloche
Day 6: Iguazu
Day 7: Explore the Argentine side of the falls
Day 8: Full-day wine tour of the Uco Valley
Day 9: Buenos Aires – Between Waterfalls and Urban Grandeur
Day 10: Buenos Aires - City Tour, Nightlife

A private tour like https://gowithguide.com/argentina/buenos-aires can arrange for you if you want to know a little bit more about the capital city of Argentina.
You can also experience the phenomenal nightlife of Buenos Aires before heading home.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy