Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Location Options in Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, we are traveling to Megeve in February and have two options regarding how to get to the slopes.
(1) Use bus to get to Mont d'Arbois.
Pros: close to accommodation, mont d'Artois looks interesting
Cons: need to carry ski equipment and be in boots while getting there all the time
(2) Keep equipment in the rental facility in the Megeve centre next to Chamois lift
Pros: no need to carry equipment and be in boots. Finishing skiing right in the town centre and ready for apres ski.
Cons: constrained to areas available via Chamois lift.

We are beginner/intermediate skiers. Any preferences here? Which option and why?

thanks,
Denis
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you having lessons? If so, maybe ask the ski school where they will start.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs wrote:
Are you having lessons? If so, maybe ask the ski school where they will start.

No, planning to ski on our own.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't constrain yourselves to the chamois lift area. The buses aren't too much of a faff. The jaillet gondola gives you access to a wonderful area. Mont d'arbois gets you to the St.Gervais area.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
how far is the walk in normal shoes to the ski storage & is that storage heated?

Dont worry about getting on bus with boots, everyone does it but I understand that as a beginner even walking in boots is difficult never mind getting on a bus & when you get off bus at Mt Arbois there is a tricky little hill to walk up

I would go with the Chamois option as long as they are heated , skiing is hard when you are learning, it is even harder if you have to carry all your gear to the slopes every day, it also means you don't have to go straight home after skiing, you can stay out if you want
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe ask your accommodation for advice as to where will be least crowded, if you are there during French school hols.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thank you all!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chamois gives access to the bottom of Caboche up to the Rochebrune area - but also to the Rocharbois cable car taking you over the valley to the Mt Arbois gondola. So not too hard to access both those areas without the bus.

I agree with @Richaba, it would definitely be worth spending a day in the Combloux sector - that means getting to the Jaillet gondola. You would need to take the bus for that, I have only used the buses from the Arbois gondola station (coming over from St Gervais) but I think there is another bus route connecting to the Rochebrune lifts. Various options over there, either exploring all the runs down through the trees towards Combloux village (assuming it stays cold, the Combloux end is pretty low) or heading across to La Giettaz on that great long blue run.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy