Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Got a cut on my brand-new Hestra mittens =/ How can I fix that?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gota a cut probably when holding my skis... they were quite sharp Madeye-Smiley
As this is in the palm, I'm afraid it might open up, how can I fix this? Any type of glue that can stand the low temperature and constant movement?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’ll probably be fine and will soon be lost amongst other scuffs and marks. However, Seam Grip would probably do the job you are after
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
By not worrying about it?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would have suggested Stormsure - but assume Seam Grip is similar?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gaffer tape
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AndreSilva, …it’s always upsetting but almost all ski gear (despite its expense) we treat as items subject to serious wear and tear - I was going to say disposable items but that sounds irresponsible and doesn’t reflect how much we value good kit and try to keep it running for as long as possible - but the key thing is…it happens.

Hestra leather is TOUGH…but in the past out of desperation I have just run a tiny tiny amount of superglue into such splits/cuts and then held the cut together - and that does seem to work.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
not sure it works with white but i had a split on the thumb on a seam. It had been stitched once by my daughter and wnet again in the same place. As the leather was wearing I've taken to Timpsons and they have done a leather patch. I love the gloves and had far more life than other gloves (i had dakine and nrth face gloves which have only lasted 2 weeks)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok - prob not suitable for leather in this instance, but for other fabric cuts or where seam stitching was to close to the edge of the fabric.... Repair with stitches then dribble thin CA glue (super glue) to reinforce the repair. May not be pretty, but is bombproof Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't stress over that. I've got loads of slices and cuts in mine just like that
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy