Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring skis to use with GripWalk boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another question....the converse. My daughter has decided her ski boots don't fit her any more. She's had two babies since we bought them for her for Christmas!! We are going to Aosta for a week, on 26 Feb. She has skis (not young, Elan Wave Magic), which she likes, but with old style alpine bindings - not grip walk. She was planning to rent ski boots in Aosta, but will she be able to rent boots to fit her skis? Presumably yes, if the shop has some old stuff?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, if the shop has older boots then yes, but it will depends on when they updated their kit, pretty much everything is now gripwalk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I wouldn't mind buying her some new boots - but then she'd need new skis as well........ Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or maybe just a new set of bindings…
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought that most Gripwalk boots were supplied with a pair of alpine soles. If so, shouldn’t rental shops be able to swap the soles over?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Just thinking about my alpine boots, can gripwalk soles be bought for older ski boots? (Head Raptor RS 140, circa 2018 vintage)

You can use them in Gripwalk bindings, so no need.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Austrian Seagull, until last season they were, most brands have now stopped this as it was adding to the environmental impact of the boot (like we don't have a big enough impact)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh dear, I foresee some expenditure coming up. I'm almost certain I shall need new boots for next season - what's the best month for arranging an appointment, CEM? - and it looks as though, at the very least I shall need new bindings for my skis. This gripwalk thing had passed me by until now as well.

Thinks... might as well go the whole hog and get McCanned as well...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

might as well go the whole hog and get McCanned as well...

Then absolutely no excuses left!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

might as well go the whole hog and get McCanned as well...

Then absolutely no excuses left!!
Good point.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hurtle, deliveries are all scheduled for mid august - mid september so soon after then is always a good time
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CEM, ta
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes I now realise that my alpine boots will fit in grip walk bindings. Have some Siddas pull on walking soles for my alpine boots to save the soles and help when walking.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy