Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU border control system pushed back again

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64311737

Now end of the year, rather than May.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Again !!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was probably awarded to a British contractor.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Orange200,
Quote:

It was probably awarded to a British contractor.

Was that an attempt at humour?

A quick google search suggests it's the Belgian arm of Unisys.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No surprise there then - any government or quasi government doing an IT project always makes a pigs ear of it....and quite a few in the private sector

Still cannot work out why it is needed as my passport is always swiped on the way in and out of Spain so presumably the data is going somewhere - presumption a great danger of course
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@countryman, it may be scanned into and out of a single country, but what if you enter shengen at say Switzerland and leave from Norway,

I think the current system is entirly based on the stamps in your passport. And I'm very impressed how quickly the border police scan though my passport, pair up entry and exit stamps, add up the days and ensure it's less than 90 days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The brit bashers would have been out in force if this was the other way around.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
countryman wrote:
No surprise there then - any government or quasi government doing an IT project always makes a pigs ear of it....and quite a few in the private sector

Still cannot work out why it is needed as my passport is always swiped on the way in and out of Spain so presumably the data is going somewhere - presumption a great danger of course

So the government can spy on you. Somewhere deep routed in the t&c you tickbox to accept will allow it. This is why EU was so hell bent on getting data-sharing access to UK systems.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just reviewing a contract for work and one clause states that all information will be shared with the USA!

This is for works carried out in the UK
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm, let's hope they see sense. For example if I cross on Eurotunnel in March for skiing and have biometrics taken (valid for 3 years), how will I know I won't get caught in summer queues behind people who are doing their first registration?

Surely there will need to be 3 different types of filter kiosk - Flexiplus, First registration and 'Sorted'??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward wrote:
Just reviewing a contract for work and one clause states that all information will be shared with the USA!

I think that is something to do with where the server farm may be located and the USA is a big home for server farms
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kettonskimum, You don't - almost certainly likely to lead to increased queues at ferry and tunnel. Hopefully, they'll agree some way of pre-registration before travel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was hoping that they would iron out all the problems in the summer so that it would be easier for those of us not planning on going to Europe until next winter. Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kettonskimum wrote:
Hmmm, let's hope they see sense. For example if I cross on Eurotunnel in March for skiing and have biometrics taken (valid for 3 years), how will I know I won't get caught in summer queues behind people who are doing their first registration?

Surely there will need to be 3 different types of filter kiosk - Flexiplus, First registration and 'Sorted'??

The biometrics are taken every time; there is no 'first registration'.

The checks also have to be done in the border, which in the case of Eurotunnel is a small patch of land in Folkestone. As things stand the current proposals will be impossible to implement there.

Hopefully they will just delay it further, past the next ski season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

there is no 'first registration'.

Well there is, when you have to set yourself up on the system and provide the biometric details. It is this which will be more time consuming. Subsequent crossings within the 3-year period will be quicker as it is just validating you against the recorded info
snow report
Quote:

Hopefully they will just delay it further, past the next ski season.

And introduce it for the Easter break mass getaway just to really show what a mess the B word is Smile Wink

If it does come in, it makes send to introduce it in Winter when there's lower usage and have teething issues sorted by the peak Easter and Summer breaks.

Thank f*ck I have a residence permit for a Schengen area country. Let's hope there's a lane at Dover/Folkestone to skip right past the queues.
latest report
andy wrote:

Thank f*ck I have a residence permit for a Schengen area country. Let's hope there's a lane at Dover/Folkestone to skip right past the queues.

I very much doubt that there will be, there is no EU lane currently. Us continentals have to slum it with the "inselaffen" Happy
latest report
stewart woodward wrote:

That will because we have ESTA visa waiver for USA & USA already has access to the same data anyway.
latest report
davidof wrote:
andy wrote:

I very much doubt that there will be, there is no EU lane currently. Us continentals have to slum it with the "inselaffen" Happy

There was an EU lane at Dover when we came through on Friday night. It was closed!
ski holidays
WTF is this doing in the piste?
latest report
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
WTF is this doing in the piste?

well it's relevant to travel to European ski resorts.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy