Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inflation? European resort prices for lager?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Val disere, a beer (bottle on the mountain was 8-9 euros, and a coke (can) was also around 8 euros on the mountain. In the Village itself it was around 8 Euros for a pint
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A mate of mine is on the Polar express heading to the frozen North, small beer and a white wine for his wife £24 in Trondheim.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the endorsement @telford_mike, but I suspect the masses with never believe us.

I bulk buy my "home" cans from Landi, I dare not publish the price of them.........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im here at Garmisch,and beer up mountain 50.l Eur 4.20 and hotel is 4.30 so not that pricey compared with big name resorts.Some very nice local brews
Forst
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
crosbie wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:
After all, nowehere in The Alps or Pyrenees has the views or the ambience of a local 'Spoons does it???

There are enough Irish bars everywhere. Perhaps it's time for a Weatherspoons pub in a ski resort?

Question is, what do you think would be the most likely ski resort (outside UK) for Weatherspoons to open up a 'home from home' pub?

Meribel?

Bansko?

Pas de la Casa?

Trick question. Not the first or second one as the Weatherspoons boss wanted out of the EU. So I guess that only leaves Andorra.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's Wetherspoons - no a

Not sure about ski resorts per se but you do wonder if they could replicate what they've done in the UK and Ireland in foreign lands.

I pretty much only buy supermarket booze when skiing. Remains cheap as chips/frites.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes Le Lac at new year:
Jam Bar: Poretti €6.50 /500ml
L’Escale Blanche: local beer €9/500 ml
Bar Le Pompon (Hotel Le Levanna) Mont Blanc Blonde €9/ 500ml
Loop Bar: Grolsch €7.50/500ml - €16/ 1.5l jug Happy Hour
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to a pub locally tonight where it was £2.60 a pint. At Les 3 Mousquetons in St Gervais village it was €6 for 500 ml before Christmas.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rogerdodger wrote:
Thanks for the endorsement @telford_mike, but I suspect the masses with never believe us.

I bulk buy my "home" cans from Landi, I dare not publish the price of them.........

I like Bavarian Weissbier. Bargain of the century. They deliver, (even to Wengen) and it’s as good as the premium brands. 60 Raps (55p for Brits) a 50cl can.

https://www.coop.ch/de/lebensmittel/getraenke/bier/multipacks-ab-12x50cl/apostel-weizen-bier-dose-24x50cl/p/3599658
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Layne wrote:
Mjit wrote:
For comparison a pint of Neck Oil will set you back £6.50 (€7.34) in one of the pubs I'm forced to frequent in London.

What do they do get you in a hold an march you in or is it a gun in the pocket in the back Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's my hockey club's home pub where we go for post match teas. As a pub it's probably last (and by far most expensive) of the 8 near the pitch I'd choose to go in - but it is the biggest so the one with space for everyone.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@timlongs, Your beers look bloody fabulous. Would much rather one of those than some of the pap that gets served up in most bars.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy