Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Massif Central - ( Le Lioran, Mont Dore, Super Besse etc. )

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We don't seem to have a thread on the resorts of the Cantal and Puy de Dome, so time to start one, given that things are starting to look rather good.

Alas, I'm stuck in the UK for a couple of weeks awaiting visa processing rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had my very first lesson at Le Lioran but haven't really skied there since despite having access to digs an hour away.

They've had a rough few years recently with the snow - here's hoping they can keep open through Feb this year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ol_smokey, last year certainly wasn't good. I had a little explore of the resort in December but no real snow came after that. I've never paid much attention before because it was only really a happy accident that landed me with a house down the road. The ski resort was always just a bonus, so I'll be chuffed if there's a good season or two!

Another photo today shows that there's plenty of snow all the way down to the station

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having just returned from Lyon I'm seriously considering returning next Spring for more of Lyon and skiing in and around Le Monte Dore

Fingers crossed for a good snow year
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a soft spot for Mont Dore and would love to get back to the Massif Central for a slide one day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have a place about 90 mins from Mont-Dore and we're staying there for 10 days in late Jan in the hope that there's enough snow to ski Mont-Dore, Super-Besse and Lioran. Have only skied Lioran so far and always in testing conditions so it would be good to ski it when it's not a white-out or blowing an absolute hoolie Skullie

If the conditions are bad locally we're 5 hours drive from either Andorra or Alps as a back-up so would hope to find some late availability for a few midweek days Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ol_smokey wrote:
We have a place about 90 mins from Mont-Dore and we're staying there for 10 days in late Jan in the hope that there's enough snow to ski Mont-Dore, Super-Besse and Lioran. Have only skied Lioran so far and always in testing conditions so it would be good to ski it when it's not a white-out or blowing an absolute hoolie Skullie

If the conditions are bad locally we're 5 hours drive from either Andorra or Alps as a back-up so would hope to find some late availability for a few midweek days Cool

Hope you get the goods

Look forward to hearing your views
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hope they get some good snow this year too, my experience of the lioran so far has been limited by too little snow and too much wind.

It's never going to set the world on fire for anyone competent on reds but we're trying not to fly this year and Lioran plus Mont Dore could fill a week if there's enough snow
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy