Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reusing ski passes?

Poster: A snowHead
According to the les deux alpes site we can buy passes online and load them onto passes from previous holidays in other resorts, which would save us traipsing to the lift pass office and queuing on the first day.

Hubby and I have last years passes from les Sybelles which have the correct codes but our friend can’t find hers. We have another pass from Valmeiner which also has the correct code, but can our friend use that one or are they “named”?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimummk, if it’s the same system as Chamonix/Evasion/Courmayeur they are not “named”
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just checked my L2A from last year & they are not individually named.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
it says any card that begins with the code 1614”
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimummk, Portes du Soleil passes are attached to a name if they’re in your loyalty account - but they can be changed easily enough. You may need to add proof of age or a photo (for example if it’s a young person’s pass or a longer duration).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thinking about it hubby and I bought 2 cards last year and whilst I know which one he was carrying I have no idea if it’s the one with his name against it on the computer
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay wrote:
@skimummk, Portes du Soleil passes are attached to a name if they’re in your loyalty account - but they can be changed easily enough. You may need to add proof of age or a photo (for example if it’s a young person’s pass or a longer duration).

We just bought them at a kiosk last year so I don’t think I have a loyalty account
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimummk, so pretty sure you can just put the code number into the website and buy online. I have 7 registered on my account so I get the loyalty points when my kids take their mates skiing!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A name on the card should not mater.
When you first use the card a photo is taken as part of the activation. That photo is what they use to verify the user. Not what is written on a card.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve been using the same cards in PDS that I bought in about 2013/14
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gored wrote:
When you first use the card a photo is taken as part of the activation. That photo is what they use to verify the user. Not what is written on a card.

Not sure about other areas but PdS don’t require a photo any more apart from season passes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy from embsay wrote:
Gored wrote:

Not sure about other areas but PdS don’t require a photo any more apart from season passes.

The photo is taken at 'first use' when you swipe for bubble or whatever. It also activates the card & starts the valid date / end date for the days purchased. I guess it would use facial recognition every time you swipe the pass afterwards.
I have not said anywhere about a photo on the pass. It would not be needed, as that would involve manual checks instead of an automated process that takes a second. Fail the check, you get a red sad face on the display panel.
Scan your pass - the RFID number would check the validity of the pass & facial recognition points before letting you through. It would be some sort of algorithm for various facial features due to maybe or not having a helmet on, goggles on, etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gored wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
Gored wrote:

The photo is taken at 'first use' when you swipe for bubble or whatever. It also activates the card & starts the valid date / end date for the days purchased. I guess it would use facial recognition every time you swipe the pass afterwards.
I have not said anywhere about a photo on the pass. It would not be needed, as that would involve manual checks instead of an automated process that takes a second. Fail the check, you get a red sad face on the display panel.
Scan your pass - the RFID number would check the validity of the pass & facial recognition points before letting you through. It would be some sort of algorithm for various facial features due to maybe or not having a helmet on, goggles on, etc.

Take what he says with a pinch of salt. He was telling everyone yesterday you need a separate pass for hintertux.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gored, nah - there’s a screen just inside the door at Prodains where your photo pops up as you come through the gate so the lifties can see if it’s you (assume there’s the same at other access points - i just happen to know where the Prodains one is) - it’s blank for anything other than a season pass.

Don’t know about anywhere other than PdS but that’s certainly not the case there. And French privacy laws being what they are I think it’d be pretty prominent in the t&cs - and it isn’t.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gored, definitely not the case in Chamonix/Evasion MB/Courmayeur.

@skimummk, just try it. If the system accepts the code online, it's worked. If it doesn't it hasn't.

We tried registering an "old" card to the Chamonix system a few years ago and it was smart enough to tell us the number was invalid because it was an old card.
snow report
Ok

Just checked my pass again & the number starts with 01-1614 2029 1635, etc.
ski holidays
From the (French) website skipass.com
Quote:
There are only two providers of access systems in the Alps: TeamAxess ( at the Doors of the Sun, at the Grand Massif ... ) and Skidata ( in most of the other ).

TeamAxess cards have a WTP number ( also says "Internet number" in some stations ) and Skidata cards have a DTA number.
- A DTA card purchased from the Clusaz will be valid in the Aravis massif and at all other Skidata stations.
- A WTP card purchased from the Gets will be valid in all the Doors of the Sun ( Avoriaz, Morzine, etc. ) including Switzerland, but also in Flaine or the Carroz, and in any station using TeamAxess.
ski holidays
My thinking is that we are paying full price for three passes and there are three of us, so we are not trying any sort of sharing scam.

I am just an anxious person and would hate for my friend to be stopped because her pass was in my husband's name and his ugly mug showed up on some sort of photo recognition or it flashed up "male". I really can't remember having our photos taken though.

I have emailed L2A to ask
latest report
I have the definitive answer, having telephoned the ski pass office at L2A

The cards hold the pass. The card isn't named its the pass that has a name associated with it, and you enter that when you purchase the pass. Once that pass is expired the card is able to be recharged with another pass which may/may not be in the same name.

It looks like there is nowhere online to put the old pass number in, this doesn't appear until you have the passes in your basket and go to pay.

After that it seems very straightforward, the lady I spoke to said it will activate the first time we go on a lift - no need to go to any lift pass office.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy