Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer options Les Arcs-Lyon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys first week of April I am off to Les Arc 2000. Haven’t been before (been many times to 3V and also Tignes) so looking forward to a change and lots of good reports on SH. Anyway due to it being Easter flight prices were extortionate, so I have adjusted normal flight times and airports (which has the benefit of extended days and skiing) and flying out of Lyon late afternoon on Sunday 9th April. All other times I’ve done in/out GVA. I’m therefore looking at transfer options (if I decide not to hire a car which looks very expensive probably because we are flying into GVA and out of Lyon). We will have plenty of time to do the transfer either at some point late on Saturday or even Sunday morning if we prefer, and spend all Saturday 8th skiing in LA and maybe a night in Bourg. So question is what are the options if timings are flexible - bus, train or private transfer are all options although I’d like to minimise cost as much as possible given we will have extra nights accommodation. Bourg - Lyon on the train seems attractive. Come down on the funicular. What are the best sites to use? What bus options are there (if any). Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance. R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@riman8, Why not get the train from Bourg to Chambery on Saturday evening and spend the night looking around Chambery. Get the train the next day to Lyon airport.

I use the trainline.com

There are busses available but I am not an expert on them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Comparative options here https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Bourg-Saint-Maurice/Lyon-Airport-LYS if you've not used it before@riman8,

Bourg is OK to stay an evening, plenty of places to eat too, obviously easy convenience to move onward from there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
An option but with a little more complexity, Annecy for Saturday evening as its absolutely beautiful down by the lake there with plenty to interest for a visit.

It's only just over an hour to lyon airport when you need to go there though https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Annecy/Lyon-Airport-LYS
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks both. Looks like no train availability to Chambery on Saturday according to trainline.com- maybe all booked up with exiting skiers. So looks like its a night in Bourg then train on Sunday. R
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy