Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BMI Baby Winter flights now available

Poster: A snowHead
BMI Baby have just released their winter flights (which includes flights to Geneva from various UK airports). Just booked my flights for December 30th to January 6th Very Happy
Seems odd thinking about the snow in December during this lovely hot summer weather snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a link http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/en/index.aspx
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just checked the price for a flight from Birmingham to Geneva, flying out on Wednesday 24th Jan, back on Wednesday 31 Jan. Price of the flight : £0.00! Once you add taxes and stuff it comes to £26.40.

Is this a website error? Does BMI Baby really fly people for free? I took this dummy booking all the way through until the confirm payment stage of the their booking process, and it was still saying £0 plus taxes. Seems quite a bargain.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting rob@rar.org.uk, the front page says "prices from £13.99" and the t&c clearly state "winter fares are one way and include taxes and charges" so the figures it is giving you don't make any sense.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Return to Geneva (out 14th Jan and back 21st Jan) comes to £37 ! Great price!

Breakdown -

Flight out - £0.00
Flight back - £10.99

Add in the taxes and it comes to a total of £37 each. That's me booked!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yes, fantastic prices at the moment, thanks for alerting us, Hywel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hywel, they seem to have dropped the Geneva flight from Teeside though. Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked my bmi flights. Knowing my luck jet2 prices will come out and blow the bmi prices away!!!

Mind you, they can't get much lower than a £37 return!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi All - thanks Hywel! Smile

Anyone any more ideas on when Easyjet/Jet2 are releasing their winter schedules?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anniepen, I think last year it was early July.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems to me that BMI Baby don't guarantee that they'll take your skis even though they charge £15.00 per flight. I copied this from their website:

Hold Luggage:
Your fare includes two pieces of baggage with a combined weight of up to 20kg. All baggage allowances are personal and cannot be combined. Infants (under 2 years of age) are not entitled to a free baggage allowance unless they pay an adult fare.
All baggage in excess of the checked baggage allowance at 20kgs will be charged for at a standard rate at £5.00 per kilo. Cabin baggage in excess of 7kg must be checked in (excluding laptops) and this will be added to the checked baggage allowance. Please note, the maximum weight of any one item of baggage is 32kg.
Outsize items requiring additional handling include canoes, surfboards, golf clubs, skis, bicycles, musical instruments and all other bulky equipment, will be charged at £15.00 per sector per item, and will only be carried subject to space availability on the aircraft. Bicycles will only be accepted if suitably packaged.
The maximum weight of any of these items is 20kgs. All items will officially travel stand-by. bmibaby will not be responsible for repatriation if there is a delay. Any item not listed above is subject to the standard excess baggage rate.

Hand Luggage:
Passengers may carry onboard one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg and not exceeding dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Passengers are also able to carry on-board a laptop computer encased within a computer case.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:

and will only be carried subject to space availability on the aircraft.

Why does BMIbaby think it's ok to accept my booking for a ski holiday and payment to carry my ski's then say at the other end "sorry we have not loaded them"?

Very strange behavour for a customer lead business.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick_C, i think similar conditions are in the charter airlines terms and conditions too, and maybe even other airlines.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe so and I was not having a go at bmibaby (any airline). I just find it strange that they think this condition is ok.
If I pay the fee and hand the skis in at check in, it's a bit obvious that I will want them and need them at the other end.
I just find it hard to believe that they think it's ok to disrupt your holiday.......
[turn brain on] No I don’t, as they don’t care about you once they got your money and you are off the plane, what am I thinking, sorry
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On a ski flight back from Innsbruck the pilot came on the tannoy and announced that with all the luggage we were over the max weight limit. He then said that as it was a short flight they were offloading the meal service rather than not take all the luggage.
Seemed a better way to do it to me but one woman was complaining all the way back that there wasn't any food.
snow report
Our skis didn't make it on to the small internal flight from Kamloops to Vancouver in Canada (on the way home at least) - we saw the trolley with our skis on being wheeled away from the aircraft! However, once we got to baggage reclaim at Heathrow a call was put out for us - the skis were on the next flight out, we were able to track their progress on-line and they were delivered by courier to home the next day. Very good service & saved us the trouble of lugging them back! Very Happy

I think this is quite common on the small planes used for internal flights in Canada - they just can't cope with all the winter baggage but they do everything possible to ensure you are re-united with your baggage as soon as poss.
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Our skis didn't make it on to the small internal flight from Kamloops to Vancouver in Canada

I think this is quite common on the small planes used for internal flights in Canada - they just can't cope with all the winter baggage but they do everything possible to ensure you are re-united with your baggage as soon as poss.

I also think it is quite common: happened to a group of ~26 of us from Kelowna to Calgary (from where we were returning to Heathrow). Pilot came on and annouced that our skis would go via Vancouver instead and catch up with us in London - we were very suprised when they all did!
ski holidays
BA was the carrier concerned when we had our only problem with skis, although I put the blame firmly on Turin airport's shambolic system. There were about 20 people (out of a flight of about 90) at the desk after arriving back in Birmingham filling in forms for missing luggage. They made their way back via a courier a few days later.
ski holidays
Hywel, thanks for posting this. I've just booked 2 return flights Birmingham to Geneva for £65.28 (£52.80 of which is taxes Shocked ) for 19th-26th January snowHead No idea where we'll go from there, we'll wait and see where the snow's falling nearer the time. I've got a quite big birthday that week Sad and I reckon I deserve something to make me feel better about it.
snow report
FenlandSkier, a friend often flys to Dubai and Cyprus and has used several carriers. Every flight he has used BA has resulted in missing luggage.
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
On a ski flight back from Innsbruck the pilot came on the tannoy and announced that with all the luggage we were over the max weight limit. He then said that as it was a short flight they were offloading the meal service rather than not take all the luggage.

I seems that on this British European flight it was the large men onboard who contributed to the excess weight - wasn't a problem on the Lardyjet flight to the EOSB though wink
snow report
Thats scary news for the lardy's for the next bash Smile
latest report
No problem on the Lardyjet flight but then we were seated in the middle of the plane.
latest report
RachelQ wrote:
Hywel, thanks for posting this. I've just booked 2 return flights Birmingham to Geneva for £65.28 (£52.80 of which is taxes Shocked ) for 19th-26th January snowHead No idea where we'll go from there, we'll wait and see where the snow's falling nearer the time. I've got a quite big birthday that week Sad and I reckon I deserve something to make me feel better about it.

21st? Very Happy
snow report
Kramer, you old smooth talker you Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy