Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visor sliding inside helmet - like OSBE Majic

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got chatting on a lift recently to a chap that had an OSBE Majic helmet (see: https://www.osbeusa.com/products/Majic-Ski.html) which is a slightly different twist on the now common visor helmets. The special part about this one was the lens slid inside the shell when it slid away rather than sitting on top of it, so almost completely disappeared and protected itself from scratches.

This seems like a great design feature to me, but cannot find a single other example of this design on the interwebs. Anyone familiar with other models of this design? Ideally one that deals in the UK?

Are there downsides to this approach? From an outside perspective this seems like a way better way to do things than the proliferation of visors we see on the outside of helmets, kinda curious as to why this version isn't more common.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
$600 is a heckuva premium to pay for a snazzy visor reveal. And you probably wouldn't want to get a bit of grit caught up in there...**SKKRRRATCH**
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I recently switched from a typical visor helmet to one of these:

https://uvex-group.shop/alto-q-lite-a9236131.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAk--dBhABEiwAchIwkbJexKQGuvfh_6OfZJrvSCmF7Whhe1h8UBH7Jk-N1r9HOIVGzhq_4hoC4U4QAvD_BwE

It’s a bit like a cross between a visor and goggle. The side “arms” are connected by rubber/elasticated bands which pull the visor into the helmet frame. The consequent seal is extremely effective, minimal fogging and they’re easy to flip up, even with gloves on. No downsides experienced, other than having to be careful not to scratch the lense when storing the helmet in restaurants etc. which one would normally do anyway.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fgh wrote:
kinda curious as to why this version isn't more common.

it will be a lot more expensive to make as you need to completely redesign the helmet mould rather than just adapt it to fit a screw on visor.

I just have a bog standard visor helmet, but when travelling iwth it etc, I unscrew the visor and put it inside the helmet for protection. re scratches at coffee stops etc, its not much different to having goggle strapped on the top, you just take care and put it the right way up!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cacciatore wrote:

https://uvex-group.shop/alto-q-lite-a9236131.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAk--dBhABEiwAchIwkbJexKQGuvfh_6OfZJrvSCmF7Whhe1h8UBH7Jk-N1r9HOIVGzhq_4hoC4U4QAvD_BwE

It’s a bit like a cross between a visor and goggle. The side “arms” are connected by rubber/elasticated bands which pull the visor into the helmet frame. The consequent seal is extremely effective, minimal fogging and they’re easy to flip up, even with gloves on. No downsides experienced, other than having to be careful not to scratch the lense when storing the helmet in restaurants etc. which one would normally do anyway.

That looks good.
Salomon & Head do similar ones that fit snuggly into/onto the helmet
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Cacciatore, This looks great.. is the goggle unit removable and can the lens be easily changed to accommodate light conditions?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gored wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:

That looks good.
Salomon & Head do similar ones that fit snuggly into/onto the helmet

Also, for me, fits snuggly over the face, but without any undue pressure/discomfort.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ozboy wrote:
@Cacciatore, This looks great.. is the goggle unit removable and can the lens be easily changed to accommodate light conditions?

It’s quite easy to change the goggle unit. I’ve always skied using orange tint lenses, so don’t swap lenses out but, I was aware that new lenses may need to be purchased at some point, so ease of doing so was also a consideration.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy