Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easier runs for snowboarding in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Off to Les Menuires on Saturday but haven't been snowboarding for 3 years so might be a little rusty! Can anyone suggest suitable runs to get us started on the first day?

Thanks

Hazel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hazel richardson, Mont de la Chambre blue run. Lovely warm up blue. If you can get over to Grand Lac, that is even better
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hazel richardson, I second FTS’s recommendations Very Happy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hazel richardson, think I'd be recommending circuits round the Reberty/Doron/Menuires chairs to start before progressing to Mont de la Chambre which needs speed in the middle section. And definitely not Grand Lac on a board first day - you're gonna be walking the runout section.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help all, I'm off to look at the piste map in more detail ready for next week.

Can't wait to get out there!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Raceplate wrote:
@hazel richardson, think I'd be recommending circuits round the Reberty/Doron/Menuires chairs to start before progressing to Mont de la Chambre which needs speed in the middle section. And definitely not Grand Lac on a board first day - you're gonna be walking the runout section.
I'd never even considered that there was a section where you might grind to a halt....probably as I'm usually doing about Mach 10 at that point Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I almost certainly won't being doing Mach 10....so flats are a bit of a problem for me. Que lots of waiting around by my husband for me to catch up. I'll be fine after a day or two though (hopefully!) Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In that case definitely avoid Boulevard Cumin back from Val Theorems. After crossing the river it is largely flat.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

In that case definitely avoid Boulevard Cumin back from Val Theorems

Yeah, that sounds seriously spicy and theoretical.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for everyone's input, fingers crossed that it keeps snowing this week and into next!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you’re still there; My favourite blue run cruise in the entire three valleys is very accessible from Les Ménuires: take the Roc 1 cable car and then the Roc 2 chair up to the top then take a run called Grand Lac down to where it meets a run called Pezolet. Take that then then merge onto Biollet down into St Martin de Belleville. There’s a lovely restaurant (excellent Tartiflette) at the bottom on the right hand side of the base as you approach from the piste.

There’s also the Jerusalem run on the way out which is really nice. Head up the cable car from the base of StMdB and then the Saint Martin Express chair and it’s at the top there. Deposits you back at the foot of the chair.

When you’re feeling a bit more confident; Bouquetin from the top of La Masse is another must do cruisey blue.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm going on Saturday so thanks for this. Will add to the list to explore!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another just popped into my mind for you to try. If you can face getting up to VT, if you take the VT26 Portette chair and then the VT24 Thorens bubble up to the top, there’s a blue down into Orelle called “Lory”. It’s almost always dead quiet, is long, never had an issue with snow conduirions, beautiful scenery, flowing. All in all a really lovely run in an often overlooked area of T3V. You’ll need a T3V lift pass though so beware.

It can be tricky to get back as it’s mostly reds back from the top of Cime Caron (accessible from Orelle with their new super fast bubble). If you’re feeling confident then go for it but if not, you can take the Cime Caron bubble down and then take the Gentiane blue down to the Bvd Cumin blue which takes you all the way back to Les Ménuires. Word to the wise though, if you go back to Les Ménuires that direction, expect some walking/ hopping/ whatever you boarders do!

Hope you have a lovely trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy