Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st anton weekend trip end of feb 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I (for my sins) have been charged with the responsibility of organising a thur-mon trip to st anton for next feb
and wondered how easy weekend flights to austria are to get out of the northwest? geneva and france are well served but it seems innsbruck,fredrichshafen,salzburg are only served by charter airlines and hence a 1 or 2 week stay is needed?
anyone got any ideas?
also any reccomendation on hotels or apartments that will accept short stays would be appreciated.Last year verbier was great but it was difficult finding accomadation for 8 that would take a weekend booking,is st anton the same?
which is the best area to stay (not to far from nightlife and the lifts)and is a car neccessary or a hindrance?

any general advice would be appreciated if you know the resort well ,point me in the right direction>

thanks hedley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, St Anton is quite a trek from Salzburg, or at least it isn't ideally linked transport wise. The best destinations would be Munich, Innsbruck or Zurich.

BA now fly to Innsbruck, but only on certain days and from Heathrow. You can also get to St Anton from Zurich via train. I think you would need to hire a car from Munich.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can train it from Munich; we plan to at half term. It's probably slower than car, but pleasanter. for a week car hire is quite a lot more than 2 adults and 2 kids' train fares, but that probably won't be true of a party of adults for a long w/e.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hedley, we did St Anton this year, the intention was to go for a long weekrnd but by mate who did all the logwork found it almost impossible to get acomodation other than sat to sat. We flew into Fredrichshaven (RuanAir) and got a Vito, although you could easily get a transfer bus or the train (by chaning once in Fredrickshaven central) there is a train station just outside the airport. The drive was easy and about 1 1/2. Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with stevew, about the accomodation. I think St Anton is 100% occupancy during high season, so the hotels etc. dont have to do weekends. We went in April this year and did a Thursday to Monday no problem, but the guesthouse owner told us she was already fully booked for 2007 from Feb onwards!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helvetic from Luton to Zurich? Swiss from Manchester to Zurich?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anothe possibility is overnight train via Paris: but as far as I can see (?) this would involve changing at Saltzburg early in the morning. However it would mean an almost almost full day of skiing on the day of arrival and a full one on the day of leaving. This is what I shall probably do in March - 8 days skiing for 7 nights, like using the snow train in France.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy