Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck airport - Gotzens - Axamer Lizum

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of doing a cheeky 3 day trip (starting next Sunday).

I have found a decent deal for accom + lift pass, however it appears that Gotzens only has a couple of lifts, and Axamer Lizum is a 10km bus ride away. They are both covered on the lift pass.

How easy is it going to be to get myself from the airport to Gotzens on a Sunday afternoon by bus (and back on Wednesday), and also between Gotzens and Axamer Lizum (and back) for at least 1 day's skiing (probably on a Tuesday)?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Both easy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:
Both easy!

Cheers, just found the bus timetables. Buses are very regular.

Looks like 30mins from airport to Gotzens (including 1 change) if timed right.

Am I right in thinking that you CAN ski from Axamer Lizum to Gotzens, but not vice versa?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Am I right in thinking that you CAN ski from Axamer Lizum to Gotzens, but not vice versa?

Not right now you can't! There is a track, but I have't seen the Birgitzköpfl chair (which you would need to access it) open for ages (2020?), so I think you'd have to walk up, and as the track is officially closed, there won't be any snowmaking on it. You are correct in that there is no lift accessed route in the other direction, but there is a hiking path.

Mutters/Götzens is a small area, just two pistes that run opposite sides of the same mountain. It is quite a gentle, family area. The Muttereralm (hut) has good food. Be aware that Muttereralm are currently advertising online day tickets from €15.

Schlick 2000 and Patscherköfel are also fairly close by, though I don't know how easy the bus route from Götzens would be.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
Quote:

Not right now you can't! There is a track, but I have't seen the Birgitzköpfl chair (which you would need to access it) open for ages (2020?), so I think you'd have to walk up, and as the track is officially closed, there won't be any snowmaking on it. You are correct in that there is no lift accessed route in the other direction, but there is a hiking path.

Mutters/Götzens is a small area, just two pistes that run opposite sides of the same mountain. It is quite a gentle, family area. The Muttereralm (hut) has good food. Be aware that Muttereralm are currently advertising online day tickets from €15.

Schlick 2000 and Patscherköfel are also fairly close by, though I don't know how easy the bus route from Götzens would be.

Thanks for the info. I also had a look at Igls (Patscherköfel). Is there a gondola that comes out of the village? Google maps says yes, although when I look on street view it appears abandoned. Also the piste map suggests that it's not in use, as there's no sign of it at all.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mikeycharlton, No, that was the old lift that was replaced a few years ago. The new one starts a bit further round, away from the village. There is a regular bus.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mikeycharlton, may I ask did you make the trip? I'm thinking of doing just this, Thursday to Sunday, staying in Götzens and getting the daily bus to ski at Axamer Lizum.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy