Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowpass Valais

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads. I'm looking at purchasing the Snowpass Valais Unlimited pass when I arrive to Switzerland this February. Does anyone have any knowledge on whether it's still available and where to pick it up? I'm Australian so don't have a home to ship it to over there. I have emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Ideally I would like to pick it up in Verbier as that's where I had planned on skiing most of the time.
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sure it’s worth it, if you’re mainly going to be skiing Verbier and the 4 Vallées? It looks like it’s close to CHF 2K which seems a lot for just Feb to Easter. How does it compare to a period pass for Verbier? And it’s just the Valais resorts: Verbier is as near to the Portes du Soleil and Glacier 2000 etc in the Vaud as Crans, for example, and I assume the pass doesn’t cover them? Slightly further but doable if you have a car would be Zermatt or even Chamonix. And if you don’t have a car you may find yourself not bothering with the other Valais resorts outside the 400Kms of the 4 Vallées. Obviously, if it’s cheaper than a 4 Vallées all-zones pass then you might as well go for it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FYI with the Verbier season pass you get free days in Pays du St Bernard, Aletsch, PdS, Chamonix, Vallée d’Aosta and Montgenevre
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@squidy, I'm pretty sure tht there is a "half" season pass available for the 4V (which obviously includes Verbier) that starts from February onwards.
I looked at it for last season and it cost about chf1,000 which is about 50% of what you are talking about.
That other 1,000 would buy you a lot of other days in nearby places if you were exploring.

I's not super obvious on the Televerbier web pages...maybe email them?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not looked into this one before, but yes, it appears to be available still. Drilling through from a web search ends up at https://www.rmv-wbb.ch/fr-ch/produits to actually buy the card and includes a link to their T&C and the application form.

Yes, it looks like they're expecting a Swiss address, and a paper application including a passport photo. There's nothing to say it's restricted to Swiss residents or to check that it's your home address, so nothing to stop you using a temporary address to get it mailed to, AFAICT.

It doesn't seem particularly cheap, I have to say, especially if you're only arriving in February.

Resorts covered would include Zermatt, although it's unclear whether the Cervinia side would be included; it does clearly state though that only the Swiss side of the Portes du Soleil is included, so somewhat limiting its usability.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp wrote:
@squidy, I'm pretty sure tht there is a "half" season pass available for the 4V (which obviously includes Verbier) that starts from February onwards.
I looked at it for last season and it cost about chf1,000 which is about 50% of what you are talking about.
That other 1,000 would buy you a lot of other days in nearby places if you were exploring.

That sounds good. I wasn't aware of that. Yeah I'll try and email them now. Thanks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaForet wrote:
Are you sure it’s worth it, if you’re mainly going to be skiing Verbier and the 4 Vallées? It looks like it’s close to CHF 2K which seems a lot for just Feb to Easter. How does it compare to a period pass for Verbier? And it’s just the Valais resorts: Verbier is as near to the Portes du Soleil and Glacier 2000 etc in the Vaud as Crans, for example, and I assume the pass doesn’t cover them? Slightly further but doable if you have a car would be Zermatt or even Chamonix. And if you don’t have a car you may find yourself not bothering with the other Valais resorts outside the 400Kms of the 4 Vallées. Obviously, if it’s cheaper than a 4 Vallées all-zones pass then you might as well go for it.

Yeah it's definitely pretty expensive but I'm travelling to this area for the first time from Australia and wanted to check out a few places. I'll be skiing for 6+ weeks strait so it will eventually pay itself off. My main reason is I won't a good resort for free riding and a good park for when there is no new snow. I'm pretty set on Verbier and the only other place's with a big park are Trans Montana or Leysin. I'm not sure how Leysin will go this season though due to the snow conditions. If I buy a Verbier pass ($1450) CHF and a Crans park only season pass ($350 CHF) it is $1800 already. The Snowpass Valais has some other good mountains on it like Grimentz/Zinal and Zermatt. I figured it might be worth the extra. Yes I have booked a car for the full time. I'm thinking of making a decision closer to the date when there is a better picture of what the mountain conditions are like.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Not looked into this one before, but yes, it appears to be available still. Drilling through from a web search ends up at https://www.rmv-wbb.ch/fr-ch/produits to actually buy the card and includes a link to their T&C and the application form.

Yes, it looks like they're expecting a Swiss address, and a paper application including a passport photo. There's nothing to say it's restricted to Swiss residents or to check that it's your home address, so nothing to stop you using a temporary address to get it mailed to, AFAICT.

It doesn't seem particularly cheap, I have to say, especially if you're only arriving in February.

Resorts covered would include Zermatt, although it's unclear whether the Cervinia side would be included; it does clearly state though that only the Swiss side of the Portes du Soleil is included, so somewhat limiting its usability.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LaForet wrote:

Yeah it's definitely pretty expensive but I'm travelling to this area for the first time from Australia and wanted to check out a few places. I'll be skiing for 6+ weeks strait so it will eventually pay itself off. My main reason is I won't a good resort for free riding and a good park for when there is no new snow. I'm pretty set on Verbier and the only other place's with a big park are Trans Montana or Leysin. I'm not sure how Leysin will go this season though due to the snow conditions. If I buy a Verbier pass ($1450) CHF and a Crans park only season pass ($350 CHF) it is $1800 already. The Snowpass Valais has some other good mountains on it like Grimentz/Zinal and Zermatt. I figured it might be worth the extra. Yes I have booked a car for the full time. I'm thinking of making a decision closer to the date when there is a better picture of what the mountain conditions are like.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp wrote:

That sounds good. I wasn't aware of that. Yeah I'll try and email them now. Thanks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@squidy Well, if you have a car in Verbier, make sure there's parking included with your accommodation, as Verbier public car parks can be pricey, and I'm not sure if you can park in the free car park in Le Chable indefinitely (where the valley train from Martigny links up with the gondola up to Verbier) - someone else may be able to clarify this. You can get to Verbier easily using the train/gondola but I can see that if you're touring 'round the car is going to be useful. Where are you flying to/from? Geneva? I also think if you're going to the Valais, then Verbier is the best choice: Crans-Montana is a lot smaller and Leysin even more so and neither is in the same league in terms of size and terrain (but of course, as you see from the signature, I'm probably biased).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@squidy, assuming you have not bought a Verbier annual pass before you can still benefit from the « parrain » deal at 999chf if you can find someone who paid full price for their pass (I can probably help you find someone).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH wrote:
@squidy, assuming you have not bought a Verbier annual pass before you can still benefit from the « parrain » deal at 999chf if you can find someone who paid full price for their pass (I can probably help you find someone).

I could do with this deal in April, unless there's the half season pass mentioned above?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

I could do with this deal in April, unless there's the half season pass mentioned above?

Not aware of the half season pass but the parrain or ambassador offer is detailed here under « information supplémentaires » and I know it works as we use it every year. I will check if I can « parrain » a 2nd person in which case you can benefit from the offer. It also includes an online voucher booklet with free days in Cham, PdS etc

https://verbier4vallees.ch/fr/informations-utiles/prix-des-forfaits-hiver
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The half season price is 1199chf, but only available from 1st Feb.
I can see it on the menu page, but no onwards link as yet.
If @BobinCH can parrain you that is an even better deal.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, thanks, I owe you beers for a number of reasons now!
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:

No I've never skied Verbier before. Iv'e skied France once before in 2003. Been skiing only the US for the past 13 years.

Yeah that would be awesome if you knew someone who I could get a parrain deal from. I'd make sure to get them a gift of some sort for their time. I'll remember this message and check in with you in a few weeks if that's ok. Thanks again.
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
The half season price is 1199chf, but only available from 1st Feb.
I can see it on the menu page, but no onwards link as yet.
If @BobinCH can parrain you that is an even better deal.

That's also good to know. Thanks for that. Very Happy
snow conditions
If @BobinCH cannot add one I think I could do you a parrain
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy