Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live-ish TR: January 2023 - Where's the snow? It's in Åre, Sweden!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did no one make use of the warmstugas? All well equiped and free. Banks of microwaves, a kettle or two, and some with a tuckshop. At Rödkullen it was 70sek for two hot drinks and two warm kanelbullar. Bargain. We used them most days, either taking sandwiches, soup to heat in the microwaves or left over pizza one day too. On other days we ate on the fell. The big restaurant at Tegefjäll is pretty good, and we really liked the food in the teepee at Bjornen. A quite small menu, but everything we tried on two seperate visits was really very good indeed, my personal favourite being a particulqrly excellent goulashsoppa.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ElzP, mrsthecramps has just read your TR from Åre and laughed about the poor meal in Kastrullan. I know where restaurants are but can never remember their name. She reminded me which restaurant that is and then I laughed too. It has been on our "boycott forever" list ever since we went in about 15 years ago and after waiting an age for service in a quiet restaurant at 11am, we were told extremely rudely that we couldn't just have coffee and kanelbullar, it was a full meal or nothing. The woman then started moving our gloves, helmets, etc as if to hurry us up (no one was waiting for a table, it was almost empty). Mrsthecramps grabbed our stuff back off her, I farted and we left, never to return. Not sure a sausage in a bread hole will change our minds Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thecramps, Shocked Laughing That's one way to mark your displeasure!!

On the warmstugas, I ventured into the one over at Duved to use the loo. It was absolutely packed with kids and smelled very strongly of school dinners. Not my scene!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ElzP, you should have tried the one at Ullådalen, usually more families there. The Duved warmstuga is often used by the local schools when they do PE on the slopes. While over there though there is the brilliant old stone warmstuga at Tegefjäll. You may have passed it. Small round stone building with woodsmoke coming out of it. Inside it's just a big round bench around the wall, and a fire pit with several swing out grills. You take your own sausages or burgers and things, and cook them over the fire, often with others around too. Always convivial unless the weather gets rough. Then it often becomes a doss house for the young team.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy