Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire mega drive, buchbinder, global etc

Poster: A snowHead
Are these Austrian car hire companies really as bad as they come across on their reviews?, they just seem to have put out a batch of very cheap Salzburg airport rentals as they usually do for a week or so every year and I booked one up but the online reviews are absolutely stinking
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never had a problem at Salzburg or Munich. Just make sure you get third-party excess insurance from Questor or similar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
People tend only to review car hire companies when they are bad, and not when they are good. Look at reviews for the more expensive brands and you may well find their reviews are just as bad.

I haven't used any of the companies you mention but I wouldn't be put off by online reviews alone.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No to an extent reviews dont phase me at all but looking at mega drive they are sooooo bad.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Never had a problem at Salzburg or Munich. Just make sure you get third-party excess insurance from Questor or similar.

This. Almost always use them when I need car hire at Saltburg.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Like others I've used all this those from salzburg, never had an issue
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I still pay an annual excess policy with bigblue.....better just check!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another one who has never had any problems with these.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hammerite, I used Buchbinder once and noticed after a few days that there was a knock on the car that I didn’t see when I picked it up. When we dropped it off and told them, they just said it was there when I hired it, so no problem.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ollski2.0, I booked car hire with Megadrive through discovercars.com yesterday and paid with a credit card. Pick-up and drop off at Salzburg airport in February. Got a Ford Focus for £205 for 8 days, which is less than half the price compared with what I have seen with other car hire companies. Read reviews about Megadrive online and they are extremely bad. My main worry is having to pay a very high deposit of about £900, which sounds a bit excessive to me. Also worried they will charge extra for winter tyres and vignette. It says on their website that they offer free cancellation, but they only offer a credit voucher to use towards a new car hire if we cancel. So I think this might be a bit of a nightmare, but it's reassuring to read previous posts in this thread from people who have hired a car from Megadrive Salzburg airport before and had a good experience.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 6-01-23 16:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have used Buchbinder Salzburg several times in the past without any problems. Have always had a Questor annual policy for the excess. Always paid for car rental with a credit card.
Only problem we ever had was with a major car rental company. Fortunately the credit card company eventually came to our rescue.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Motherofthree, the car will have winter tyres as standard. It will also have the vignette
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, Sounds good, I hope so. The high deposit and bad reviews are still worrying though...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No point worrying now, @Motherofthree Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Motherofthree, Winter tyres are mandatory in Austria during winter months. So they would be renting you an illegal car without them!
latest report
Motherofthree wrote:
@holidayloverxx, Sounds good, I hope so. The high deposit and bad reviews are still worrying though...

No need to hope...trust me on this in more than 10 years of renting from them at salzburg on the winter
latest report
@holidayloverxx, @pam w, @Gored Thanks for your reassuring words. Hopefully we won't have any problems with Megadrive/Buchbinder, if we decide to keep the booking.
ski holidays
Buchbinder at both Innsbruck and Salzburg are very good and professional. Ive used them on many trips.

The thing is they don't make up false damage assessments. Nuff said.
latest report
As a rule of thumb, always check www.Expedia.co.uk they will have most of the big brads and discount shops but allow you to cancel up to 6 hrs before pickup.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy