Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Term Camper Van at La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a long-term Camper Van spot at La Plagne?
I'm self contained. Don't need any facilities.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has anyone stayed at Parking Aime la Plagne 2100?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're self contained then it's a motorhome not a campervan. (Might get more appropriate responses)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends what you mean by “long term”. We have stayed a few times at Plagne Villages which you pay for but do get hook up. There is a limit on number of nights but not sure what this is (over a couple of weeks), and know some stay longer by exiting and going back in.

I don’t know of any free long term spaces.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TheGeneralist wrote:
If you're self contained then it's a motorhome not a campervan. (Might get more appropriate responses)

I've had this van for 15 years.
It's a Ducato SWB van with side windows, a bed, a cooker and a composting toilet with a solar panel on the roof.
In other words a van in which I camp that has off-grid capability.
Motorhomes are special to type (have no other use) and much bigger.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bianchigray wrote:
Depends what you mean by “long term”. We have stayed a few times at Plagne Villages which you pay for but do get hook up. There is a limit on number of nights but not sure what this is (over a couple of weeks), and know some stay longer by exiting and going back in.

I don’t know of any free long term spaces.

Many thanks for your reply. Long Term for me is from February to the end of the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SkiPresto, There is no legal long term van parking in any part of La Plagne that I know of except for the Seasonaires parking area near 1800 which is tied to seasonaire jobs and looks pretty much full at the moment. in February its pretty difficult to even find free car park spaces - car based visits have increased dramatically due to Covid. I noticed that the Police Municipal now have two tow away trucks based in Plagne Centre and one based in Aime for the lower villages. Down here in Montalbert any vans are swiftly moved on by the Police Municipal. The locals are very protective of the rapidly shrinking parking areas (one large car park has had a block of flats built on it and no extra spaces provided!).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in La Plagne before Christmas and there was a parking area under the Bergerie lift which had lots of motor homes parked up in it. Not sure if they were just allowed there for the week though or were longer term residents.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TheGeneralist wrote:

My self contained CAMPERVAN is also fully winterised with thick insulation and vapour barrier, inboard water storage, wet room with WC and shower. Heated drying room etc. self converted Fiat Ducato. I would be offended if someone referred to it as a motor home AKA wobble box Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowhound, That's the official tourist van parking with hook up etc and maximum stay costs many € per night.
https://www.la-plagne.com/denichez-votre-hebergement/campings-et-mobil-homes/caravaneige-de-plagne-villages
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It’s not La Plagne but my other suggestion would be Tignes Les Brevieres. Vans park here for free in the car park there for as long as they want. There’s a well for water on the main street and a drain for getting rid of waste, so it is for those self sufficient.

I don’t think there a La Plagne option for you.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
@snowhound, That's the official tourist van parking with hook up etc and maximum stay costs many € per night.
https://www.la-plagne.com/denichez-votre-hebergement/campings-et-mobil-homes/caravaneige-de-plagne-villages

That's the one under Bergerie - it's certainly a good spot to be
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy