Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere to Geneva back on 21st - anyone wants to share a night transfer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I made a mistake and researched about different services for too long... now we are stuck without transfer back from Val d'Isere night January 21st, all places on Altibus are gone Sad

Is there anyone who wants to share a night transfer from there to Geneva airport? Sad otherwise we'll probably have to go back the day before and stay there in a hotel, as I don't see other options...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about getting to Bourg St Maurice by bus or taxi, then from Bourg to Geneva airport by train? You might be able to get in half a day's skiing before going.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@achilles, thank you! I've checked everything that I could with train/bus schedules, and it seems quite impossible to be able to catch train + bus on the day we arrive and then we'll need to leave a day earlier to do it on the way back. We both have heavy ski bags with all our stuff inside, which is always an additional challenge when taking or changing trains.

Current plan is to just rent a car. It's just a tad more expensive than all the transfers combined, but we'll be able to enjoy the last day of skiing properly and we might also visit some neighbouring area. And maybe save some more struggling souls on the way back Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably the best idea. You could visit Sainte Foy?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@neironet, this time round, I think that's a good plan,

When you do take a French train, next, though, you might want to look at using the ski bag straps to tie your bag to tie it to the upright poles near the carriage door. Not sure if that's approved, but not passengers or staff have objected when I have done it.

Biggest pain I have found is travelling through Paris Metro gates with ski bags, especially when travelling between Gare du Nord and the Gare de Lyon. Worth a taxi in my view.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the tickets are back, haha! just bought the transfer so our trip is simplified.
I wonder what happened with the tickets, was it a software bug or did someone just cancelled/returned theirs Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
neironet wrote:
the tickets are back, haha! just bought the transfer so our trip is simplified.
I wonder what happened with the tickets, was it a software bug or did someone just cancelled/returned theirs Puzzled

Bus tickets or train tickets? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
Bus tickets or train tickets? Puzzled

Altibus tickets (bus). They were just all suddenly booked for that particular bus trip back when I made the initial post.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy