Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Journalist enquiry about skiing trips being affected by lack of snow

Poster: A snowHead
Good question, @Jonny996. Preferable to doing the washing up?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowdave wrote:
@jellylegs, why the name calling and personal attack on the OP?

He stated his request politely and made his intentions clear.

They just annoy me. His article will be typical of most tabloids.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonny996 wrote:
Why are people arguing with someone who only has a 25 post history

Morning Jonny.. assume you mean me? It was only a discussion..

As for my post # ..we all have to start somewhere right?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jellylegs, …actually I think it might not be. Each journo wants a unique angle. That gets them closer to the front page. I think he knows that there is more to this than ‘posh people couldn’t go skiing….’

Mcaff…’..only a discussion…’ er….not really, unless all your discussions consist of aggressive over-statement….which is of course a question of personal style….
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another one in the Times today. Hardly surprising given the current state of play. Will change quickly when everyone is snowed in by next weekend snowHead
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/does-skiing-have-a-future-ssxbwdtvj
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Bob - the rain was killing snow up to 2500m 10 days ago, how is it looking in the Vaud and Valais now?

As you say, radar and predictions showing quite a dump on the way…

https://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
valais2 wrote:

Mcaff…’..only a discussion…’ er….not really, unless all your discussions consist of aggressive over-statement….which is of course a question of personal style….

facetious, yes. Aggressive? Absolutely not at all.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I wasn't even thinking of the papers! You only have to switch on the BBC or open the news app. The neuroticism around things such as 'climate change' are faintly ridiculous. It was only a few months ago we were going to get nuked by the Russians, have blackouts sending us back to the 70's, everyone down the food bank due to financial Armageddon, and that's all after the scarefest that was COVID... (The govt behavioural bods specifically used fear, it's documented)

You gave us a taster in just a few posts, @Mcaff. I think we got the picture. Some of us might be dusting off our list of "ignores".
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well @pam w, if that is how it has been taken, that is regretful.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Regrettable Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
valais2 wrote:
Hi Bob - the rain was killing snow up to 2500m 10 days ago, how is it looking in the Vaud and Valais now?

As you say, radar and predictions showing quite a dump on the way…

https://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1

Glorious sunshine last couple of days and pistes skiing nicely above Ruinettes (2200m). Below that it’s bulletproof Skullie

The fresh snow will open up the off piste again but lack of viz this week means tree skiing will be the order of the day!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, looks nightmarish: no wonder the national press is full of horror stories!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, …indeed look at how the crowds are being forced onto a narrow corridor of snow…..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it's the poor vis which would bother me
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another one!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2023/01/04/europe-ski-resorts-close-due-to-lack-of-snow-forcing-more-sustainable-approach/

Smart move by Tignes moving the resort up to 2500m this year snowHead
snow conditions
Mcaff wrote:
Well @pam w, if that is how it has been taken, that is regretful.

Normal, decent people didn't take it like that.
snow conditions
Here in the US, Whitefish (Montana) opened on time with far more terrain than usual. Temperatures since opening day have been totally sufficient to maintain coverage top to bottom. Very Happy
Mr. Green Mr. Green
snow report
Old sweet home

Oh I miss the 'fish
snow report
Evan Davis has just said that PM (bbc radio 4) will feature a bit on the lack of snow in his program (not time, but program ends at 6PM))

=====edit=====

5 minutes, from 17.44 ; talked to a guy from Ski Solutions ; nothing new though....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy