Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech for a Non-Skier(s)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The present Mrs R will not be skiing this season and as I have done something to my right knee (yet again) I want somewhere fairly gentle and cruisey to minimise the strain.

I have often thought of Lech as a an attractive destination and after two years of zero ski expenditure the budget will allow.

The key though is in how much there will be for the non skier to do and, in the event that my knee doesn't hold up, two non skiers to do?

Original thought was to go to Zell am See, where Ive been very many times and thus know there are plenty of alternative amusements but really fancy a change of scene?

Opinions would be welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a lot unless you're in a nice hotel with a gym, pool and spa.

I like the Gotthard
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you would get borred quite quickly in Lech unless you were skiing.
But:
You could have very long lunches in Oberlech if its sunny,
I think there is someone there who does dog sleigh trips up the valley past Zug.
I hope your knee dosent give you any trouble but there are a few light cruisey runs to do of course.
In the past you could not drive to Warth as the road was avalanche prone, but that may have changed.

Otherwise "its" take the bus through to Zurs, St Christoph and Stanton if you get cabin fever for another lunch venue.
I would particularly recommend The Hospice in St Christoph for a lunch stop.
the trip down to the loo is worth the trip.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't personally want to spend time in a spa. I wouldn't get bored if there were nice walks (maybe on snowshoes) in beautiful surroundings, good lunches and lots of books to read but if your knees bad, walking might not be an option.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for replies. We have just booked a great deal with Crystal In Zell am See. Will keep Lech for another time when we can both ski all day with certainty. Snow is fine on the mountain at Zell just now and forecast promising. Even if it all goes **** up there's plenty things to do otherwise.

That said if the Kitzsteinhorn glacier is un-skiable then there will be little skiing anywhere?

@red 27, there was a good deal for the Gotthard through Sunweb coming up and it looked very nice. Definitely one for the future.

@DrLawn, Will consult you when the time comes.

@pam w, I agree, a couple of times in the week in the spa is enough.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would echo the other posters… there is not much to do in Lech, or many other small-village ski resorts, if you are not skiing. There are some nice places for a walk, you could get some retail therapy - maybe pick up a new Rolex Very Happy , and eat/drink yourself silly. Beyond that…???

Lech is also a long way from sizeable town, eg Innsbruck or Bregenz. Doable in a day, but it would be a long day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robboj wrote:

@red 27, there was a good deal for the Gotthard through Sunweb coming up and it looked very nice. Definitely one for the future.

Yes I'd defo recommend the place - lovely rooms, great facilities without being flash or poncy, wonderful food and most importantly, lovely family who run it, it's a real treat.

Have you been to the Arlberg at all before? If not, then that's another 'must' as it's a staggering area, although not really that 'cruisy'. The newish link to Warth has made Lech even more perfect than it was before

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 3-01-23 20:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @robboj,
Have a great time in Zell, we were lucky enough to go there a few years ago and the lake froze on the transfer day, coming home.
That was a treat.

If you do get some snow ... there is a great place to practice gentle stuff on the Maiskogel part of Kaprun.
Also the same for Areitbahn II area ... but it does get busy.

I used to visit the Alberg regulary many years ago .. but it will have changed quite a lot by now.

I hope your knee gets better.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@robboj, it really is a stunning setting and nice winter walks. She should be able to meet up with you in Oberlech for lunch. From memory it's around a 45 min walk and she could also do the toboggan run from Oberlech. Apart from that there's not an awful lot in Lech itself but plenty to do elsewhere.
We did something similar a few years ago when my wife was recovering from chemo (In Hinterglemm). She had a great time just going plenty of walks and meeting us for mid morning coffee, lunch then apres of course.
Skiing wise it will suit you nicely
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks again folks, ZamS will be it for this year but will definitely be looking at Lech for main trip next season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd pick Innsbruck myself. Plenty to do. Still great scenery. Some skiing right in town, but busses to others.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy