Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Separate boots and skis for piste skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I do all my skiing on Whitedot R98s with pin bindings and Tecnica Pro Lite boots (2016 orange version) with added booster straps to get closer to the claimed 120 flex. Although I really enjoy this setup as good all round for touring, LS off piste and piste it would be great to also have stiffer and narrow skis for days to maximise the vertical, distance and fun blasting around the pistes. Options seem limited for flat skis that can use bindings compatible with my boots. Changing the soles to alpine is just possible but would be a real hassle. I’m beginning to think a possible albeit expensive way forward would be to get separate boots and skis for piste skiing. Has anyone else gone down this route or am I missing a cheaper option that would meet my needs? Thanks in advanve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@On the rocks, I have (at the advice of the pisteoffice) Salomon Shifts that fit a a touring boot and quiver killers for my R98s and then Volkl Codewall Speed L piste skis also quiver killered, so 1 pair of boots (atomic prime xtd 130), 2 pairs of skis, one set of bindings!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dunno what the problem is? Are you looking for a flat or raceplated ski you can put a pin binding on?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@On the rocks, easy solution: Blizzard Brahma 82's or Scott Pure Piste 77 TI's c/w Warden MNC 11 bindings
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, Thanks Jon, those look ideal. The new Scott looks really interesting, how do they ski compared to the Brahma 82s!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the rocks wrote:
@spyderjon, Thanks Jon, those look ideal. The new Scott looks really interesting, how do they ski compared to the Brahma 82s!

I've not been on them but a couple of buddies who have tried them have both placed orders and reckon that the Ski Essentials reviews are accurate: https://www.skiessentials.com/2023-ski-test/skis/2023-scott-pure-piste/ &
http://youtube.com/v/wd007zkRFsM

Scott seem to have a knack of producing stiff'ish, light but stable and durable skis at very competitve prices. You problem will be finding a pair as Scott are already sold out of the 167/177 and there's no more coming this season. In 184's there's only 15 pairs left but they won't be due to be available until mid/end Jan.

The Brahma 82/88 are just superb and they're both almost sold out as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m leaning towards the Brahma 88 maybe a bit more versatile than the 82s? They seem to have similar dimensions to the cambered Whitedot Ones I which I used to enjoy skiing on piste, but stiffer/heavier for crud and better tip rocker for soft snow? Would probably be a purchase for next year now when I hope to have more weeks on snow than the two this season
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy