Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - any pitfalls with the above journey?

Anyone know how long it takes?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hobbiteater, 2.5 - 3 hours. No pitfalls if you stay on the road. Drive Munich->Garmisch->Fernpass->Imst->Landeck->Ischgl (via Paznauntal).
Fernpass and Paznaun Valley can be slow if you end up behind the Dutch, so leave Munich early (like 6.30AM). And remember to buy the Austrian Motorway Vignette before going onto the motorway at Imst.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike,

thanks!

Is the Fernpass usually kept open as much as possible if you see what i mean?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hobbiteater, Fernpass ia always open. Never known it to be closed. Paznaun valley is a different story. Ischgl quite often gets cut off from the outside world for a day or two.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be inclined to stay on the motorway myself ... the Fernpass can be pretty slow with lorries and or tourists depending on what time, day of week etc ... it's much easier to find your way if you're coming from the airport as well.

from airport follow signs to Munich then Rosenheim and Salzburg then Innsbruck ... keep on past Innsbruck and get off motorway at Landeck and follow the Silvretta signs

it's quite a bit further but about the same time on a good day and a lot quicker on a slow day

however if you've got plenty of time, the Fernpass is a damn site prettier

I admire your choice of resort though .. Ischgl rocks IMHO !!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichA, going that way adds about one hour min. to your journey. Ok Fernpass can be slow ( that's why I said leave at 6.30 and beat the Dutch ) but getting past Innsbruck isn't fun either, and not forgettin all the roadworks between Rosenheim anf Kufstein, and that it's at least 80Km further. Having gone both ways many times, my advice would always be to go over Fernpass. If I leave early from Munich I can get from Munich to St.Anton in 2H15 these days by going over Fernpass. There is no way you'd make it (legally) in that time via Innsbruck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy