Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

next skis for daughter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all!
Our daughter is now 7.5 yrs and in her 5th ski season. Now 128cms/23kgs. First 2 yrs one week each, but we have moved since and now live 30mins from the next good resort and an hour from quite a few mouthwatering places. Hence, we get to ski a fair bit and daughter has made quite some progress. She is no daredevil, but skis parallel and absolutely always points her skis into the fall line no matter what. We can ski steep boilerplate with her no issue. She is now on 110cm salomon qst max foam skis, which are being well maintained and seem to serve her well. No gear struggle at all. I tried a stiff K2 twin with her last season and you could tell they were too much. For the 2nd half of this winter I'd like to get her some skis that are a bit longer, more stable, and what not. These ahould be good for next season, too.

Austrian common wisdom seems to be junior race skis, but these are quite heavy, high cambered and she doesn't ski near as agressive or in a forward stance as the local gate bashing kids.

A) just get some 120cm foam core skis, tad stiffer, like volkl racetiger or the rossi jr multi event (180€ non "pro")
B) a narrow twin for a more playful feel, like fischer ranger team 121? Radius too long for carving?
C) Kästle is around here, so maybe a RX12 jr? These are medium flex low camber, seem easy going and look ace. Really light, too.
D) ??

That said, I don't want to overpower her with something too demanding/too much work. She likes groomers and bumpy offpiste/ small drops, kids parcourse etc, so pretty much a bit of everything.

All Input apreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter had Volkl Mantra Juniors 118 and then 128. She loved them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowinn are doing the s/race rush jr which is a lightweight wood core between the foam and the full junior race skis if you want a piste ski suitable for her. Paid something like £130 for a 140 for my 10 year old. They do them in 120.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Volkl Mantra Juniors

+1, especially if she's skiing all sorts of variable stuff and isn't just interested in the gates.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She had a chance to demo a pair of Faction Prodigy 0s in Obergurg 1st week of january in a 113. She clicked with them immediately, so we decided to buy her a pair of 123s which will arrive soon. They may be a tad on the long side, but well within Faction's recommendations and def. fine next season if all else fails. we could have gotten 113s for cheap in the old design, but I won't argue over design with females I am related to wink

not too far off the mantra jr recommendation I believe, fairly long rocker and substantial ski. foam, yes, but decently sitff torsionally still highly meneauvrable. and the looks of it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy