Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Few options for ski boots, can buy small and thermoform

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
There's small variety of ski boots in my area (a Middle Asian country) and most of them didn't fit me by size or other parameters.

My feet are wide: 103 mm. The boots I found are 100mm last. When I wear them, it's a little painful in the inner arc of one leg and my pinky toes go numb. They also might be 2 mm too short.

There are no bootfitters I am aware of locally. It's Salomon boots with Custom she'll feature and it claims that last can expand up to 6mm.

Is it possible to fit them nicely using thermoforming only?
Will thermoforming make the necessary space around pinky and big toes? I mean does the process increase the boot size by a couple mm if necessary.

Sorry of I missed some important details - I am a novice skier.

Thanks to everyone for help!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you get Boots fitted at the resort where you go to ski?

BTW. Welcome to the Forum.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davealm wrote:
Hi everyone,
There's small variety of ski boots in my area (a Middle Asian country) and most of them didn't fit me by size or other parameters.

My feet are wide: 103 mm. The boots I found are 100mm last. When I wear them, it's a little painful in the inner arc of one leg and my pinky toes go numb. They also might be 2 mm too short.

There are no bootfitters I am aware of locally. It's Salomon boots with Custom she'll feature and it claims that last can expand up to 6mm.

Is it possible to fit them nicely using thermoforming only?
Will thermoforming make the necessary space around pinky and big toes? I mean does the process increase the boot size by a couple mm if necessary.

Sorry of I missed some important details - I am a novice skier.

Thanks to everyone for help!

Custom moulding the boots should help greatly and give a very good fit. As for the length, they won't get any longer, but the "extra room" available in a ski boot is actually around the heel pocket- when this is correct around the foot, the front will, naturally create more room.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davealm, IIRC the started last width of a bit applies to the reference size (usually 26.5, i think). Last width goes up and down from there, so a 27.5 would be 102 mm. Doesn't help in terms of reducing pressure on your toes, but good to be aware of nonetheless, especially if you are buying boots based on numbers rather than from an expert boot fitter.

Where do you usually ski? @Old Fartbag's suggestion of visiting a fitter in resort is a good one. Unless you are skiing in a giant fridge somewhere, in which case it's probably no better than DIY at home.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are asian fit boots designed for a reason.
If they hurt when wearing them, then you are going to hurt a hell of a lot more when you use them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey everyone,
Thanks a lot for your advice! Sounds reassuring!

Won't thermoforming (if I call it correctly - heating up, inserting legs, cooling down) create some empty space where unnecessary in the liner and shell?

There's a special furnace for heating in the shop but no bootfitters (someone making some manual adjustments to boot shape if I understand correctly)

I am skiing locally. A ski resort here has been built only 2 years ago. I would have to go to nearby countries where skiing is more established to have quality bootfitter service.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy