Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picnic Rooms Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
We are frequent visitors to Grand Massif, based around Les Carroz and if we do not use the picnic room at the top of the Telecabine for lunch we'll just plonk oursleves down piste-side, Les Grandes Platieres, looking at Mont Blanc is fabulous. I have noticed on the piste map that Flaine, Vernant and Samoens all indicate picnic rooms but we have not been successful in finding out exactly where they are, not that we have tried too hard. Can anybody please tell me where these and any other picnic rooms in the GM are located?.

Ta!

Bas
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was there a few years ago, I stumbled into one in Morillion 1100. It is attached to one of the restaurants, and I do not think it was well marked. I cannot recall the name of the restaurant, but it is on your right if you are coming down blue piste Sairon, just before the start of the Sairon chirlift. The picnic room is accessed by walking through the restaurant and down some stairs (towards the toilets), although I guess there might be another entrance direct from the piste?

I only saw that one and the one at Les CArroz telecabine, so I can't really be of any more help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a general discussion about picnic huts or "Salle Hors Sac" http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=71938
I can't remember if any got mentioned in the GM.
It does seem like they are not heavily signposted or advertised. Which I guess is understandable. Keep the riff raff out and all that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Samoens one is just before you get to Samoens 1600 there is a restaurant on the LHS and it's the outside of there.

There's the one at Carroz top telecabine.

I think the Flaine on is down the serpentine on the RHS.

I can't think where the Morillon one is.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus,

A couple of weeks ago I think you mentioned a great cheap cafe on Sairon in Morillon.

What is it's name again and where is it?

I've got 3 days there this weekend.

Cheers,

Phil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Basil, there's one at the bottom of the Vernant chair for sure, the car park is just across the road.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The one at Morillon 1100 is in the same building as the Cashta restaurant, down by the toilets.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
e17phil wrote:
marcellus,

A couple of weeks ago I think you mentioned a great cheap cafe on Sairon in Morillon.

What is it's name again and where is it?

I've got 3 days there this weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

OK I'll try and describe it for you;
> COme down the Arete from the top of the Molliet chair.
> Go past the top of the lifts from Samoens (RHS)
> Go past the return to Les Carroz (LHS)
> past the helicopter landing area (RHS)
> Head for the Marvel (effectively straight on)
> just where the last blue turns off to the right to go back to Samoens look left and you will probably see some tracks heading for the trees.
> Follow the tracks for about 300m and there's an old looking farm/chalet there on the rhs.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne, I would like to point out that we is not riff raff.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Usually seem full of ski school kids, and keep hold of your gloves, esp hestra ones............ Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Basil, yous is yer like... uggghh... whatever.... rolling eyes Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the one in Flaine is downstairs at the top of the cable car - head for the toilets and it is down there round the corner. no view but a useful place to eat when it is cold.
There is also one at the bottom of green piste behind the ticket office (follow the green piste instead of getting ported, then get the chair back up to Lac de Vernant
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Useful information, @maggieleonard, but I expect they've finished their picnics now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Am I the only one this morning, slightly bleary eyed, have read this whole thread and wondered why you’d need a panic room on a mountain?…….. Embarassed Very Happy
ski holidays
I read it all before realising it was 11 years old!!
snow report
dunc999 wrote:
I read it all before realising it was 11 years old!!

Ha, I missed that one too……. Might be something to do with the very large Drambuie I had last night Shocked
snow conditions
@Chuckles3,
Quote:

Am I the only one this morning, slightly bleary eyed, have read this whole thread and wondered why you’d need a panic room on a mountain?……..

I did the same, but was not surprised........we are talking about the GM after all.
snow report
I was trying to find out if the picnic rooms are open as I thought I read somewhere that they are closed for covid
snow conditions
You didn't ask that, @maggieleonard. Puzzled
latest report
@maggieleonard, The one at the top of the Les Carroz gondola was open over Christmas with mask wearing etc
snow report
Chuckles3 wrote:
Am I the only one this morning, slightly bleary eyed, have read this whole thread and wondered why you’d need a panic room on a mountain?…….. Embarassed Very Happy

Hell no!
snow report
Bumping this and confirming:

Les Carroz, at the top of the Kedeuze Gondola
Morillon, in the same building as La Cashta, just above the top of the Morilllon télécabine
Samoens, in the main plateau building across the plateau from the GME
Flaine #1: just behind the Vernant ticket office
Flaine #2: downstairs at the top of the DMC
Flaine bonus: there's an outdoor covered area on skiiers left of the Epicea piste, just before the epicea restaurant

Vernant is probably the nicest, Kedeuze has the best views
snow report
Flaine #3: near the bottom of the magic carpet and Veran gondola. You can see it on Google maps

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3kZyd5vRei8YNNoU6
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy