Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diy ski holidays - websites of choice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have always DIY'd our ski holidays and have become a bit lazy of late by just heading straight to Sunweb (which with ski passes thrown in are difficult to beat!). However with a bit of a group in tow this year including some none skiers was interested to see what search methods you guys use to pin down your holidays. Our criteria is france, large to medium size resort, with pretty much ski in ski out 3 bedrooms ..... (havent found many websites that can run a search like this). There is a right mixture in the power of some of the resorts own websites to perform a decent search, some are very stuck in 1994! Any other good recommendations?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might find this article helpful - https://www.skisolutions.com/blog/best-ski-resorts-france Also, you might be interested in going to Paris here's another resource https://gowithguide.com/france/paris Have a blast on your holiday vacations!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski planet can do that, here is an example search

https://www.ski-planet.com/en/reservation/online_affiche.php?DteFrom=2023-02-11&NbNuits=7&Nbpers=6&Nbpieces=3&domaines=24

I discovered them when planning the previous season, now it's my goto site. They also do ski passes and even board deals occasionally
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skiyeah, depending what your 3 bedrooms were in (eg apartment, hotel, whole use catered chalet, shared use catered chalet, self catered chalet) would lead me to different websites.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is sunweb.... currently in an apartment here

https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/le-grand-massif/flaine/residence-les-terrasses-deos?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-05-17&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-05-17&Participants%5B0%5D%5B2%5D=2006-08-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B3%5D=2009-09-20&Duration%5B0%5D=8&Mealplan=LG&Month=2022-12-01&TransportType=SelfDrive&Allocation=2

They have 3 bed apartments, we are in a 2 bedroom one. Ski in. Ski out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sure Sunweb does let you filter on number of bedrooms. Other sites I have looked at are Air BnB, VRBO, allchalets and many other turned up by google but as you say Sunweb seems hard to beat
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ,

Quote:

This is sunweb.... currently in an apartment here

Hah this is on my sunweb shortlist already! What is the living area like, decent amount of sitting space (have my parents doing childcare so wanted to get them a bit of room)?

@peakyb, self catered

@oleski, good shout will give them a try!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We booked the superior 2 room to get the slightly bigger space but yes decent living room space. Given it is designed to double as extra bedroom means a wardrobe in there which is great for hanging ski jackets and storing helmets etc Smile. I have been really happy with it. Slight issues with booking crossiants for morning.... third day lucky!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When you see the residence building name, just copy & paste it to see which company is actually behind it.
Sunweb & Ski Planet sell apartments which usually point back to madame vacances or pierre vacances or some other similar company (Pierre Vacances also own Maeva, Centre Parcs, etc.).

Also worth checking the official local tourist office.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used abritel.fr the last few years and got what I wanted (think there's a filter for ski in/out) for much the same as Sunweb (ski pass separate as the site is just accommodation).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kettonskimum, abritel is vrbo which is expedia. Some, like abritel, they still use the name in that particular country but others, like homeaway, have just been absorbed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used Heidi.com to help research a now sadly aborted trip to Austria (a poorly child meant we had to cancel at the last minute).

Great for putting together options and then you can look everything up DIY to save money!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Skiyeah, We have used Airbnb and VRBO to look for self-catering accommodation in the past. The choice is huge and you can find something in all price ranges. Often you can cancel for free too if need be, up to a certain date.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy