Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guide books: Mont Blanc Freeride vs Alpine Ski Mountaineering Vol 1

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Looking at getting my brother a guide book for Christmas (or a week or two after Christmas based on the current postal situation). We've got a week in Ste Foy as a family trip towards the end of the season and we're intending to head out a week earlier to do some more interesting skiing somewhere vaguely nearby. There looks like there's potentially quite a lot of overlap between these two books so I was wondering if anyone knew if either one was better, and whether it would be a complete waste of time getting them both. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are not really the same thing

Mont Blanc Freeride is guidebook for freeride lines ie. day tours, accessible from Chamonix and environs.

Alpine Ski Mountaineering Vol 1 is a compendium of hut to hut tours covering a very wide area - pretty much the whole of France, Northern Italy and Switzerland as far as Zermatt.

If it's a Chamonix day touring book you want, I'd also consider Anselm Baud's Mont Blanc and the Aiguilles Rouges.

That being said, since being a FatMap subscriber I look at guidebooks a lot less.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. This is actually good news as we're currently tossing up between whether we want to do hut to hut stuff or if we just want to base ourselves somewhere and do some day tours. I ended up just getting both as he kind of likes that sort of thing anyway, even if it doesn't actually getting much direct use. Fatmap might be something to look into for his birthday in march though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Baud's book of death. After umpteen busy seasons I have hardly scratched the surface.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy