Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko ski hire + lessons recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I’m heading to Bansko with some friends in January. I have been skiing plenty of time before but always in France whereas a few members of my group have never skied before. I wanted to know if anyone here has any recommendations for places to hire kit from and instructors to get lessons from for the first timers. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not used him but this guy seems to do everything and keeps his info up to date

https://banskoblog.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The food is great if you eat the authentic bulgarian places. Especially if you walk downhill to the main town area.
Got nothing more good to say as I did not stay in the mountain operators hotel - so no VIP lift pass option, just huge long queue every morning! Discovered the private taxi route by the 3rd day. Worked out 6x Taxi’s + lift pass is no cheaper than places in smaller French resorts.
Cant say about hire/lessons as never used them myself, however there did seem lots of private tuition going on due to the cheap prices from what I could work out when nosing at window prices…. Not that window prices are anything to go by if it is the same as the exchange booths!

WOW - just looked at lift pass 515 lev/£230 for 6 days for such a small mountain? That is probably more expensive than any resort accessible on the road connecting Chambery to Modane
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bansko Ski Mania.
About 3-4 years ago, we rented a car with winter tyres and drove up early morning each day. No need to queue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ster wrote:
Not used him but this guy seems to do everything and keeps his info up to date

https://banskoblog.com/

When we went we used this for finding snd booking lessons, transfer and ski hire
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or try method snowschool, if they’re still there. Good people.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
drporat wrote:
Bansko Ski Mania.
About 3-4 years ago, we rented a car with winter tyres and drove up early morning each day. No need to queue.

Those days pretty much over now. Driving is a nightmare in bansko. The queues are horrendous and the road gets closed at peak time so the minibuses and cabs we're dropping us off at mosta lift. The 6 day pass cost us 230e each plus daily charge of 15lv each for cab bought the pass price to £260. Pricey to say the least.

Private lessons is the way to go as so cheap but haggle with the instructor directly.

Can't recommend any as never used them but Bulgarian schools were hit and miss. I heard about method being great but don't know if they're still there. They also offer a VIP pass with some schools that let you jump the queue so definitely look into that. If you need anymore info let me know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gainz, at those prices and efforts I think it would only make sense for some beginners due to lower prices for rentals and lessons.
But basic rental gear looked bad and lacked wax and edges being serviced. And it's so crowded that beginners can hardly feel safe. Or be safe, for that matter.
There used to be a nice SH ski instructor in Borovets, Neil. I wonder if he's still there this season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The beer will be cheaper than most places though.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow Peaks for both ski rental and tuition - opposite the main gondola car park. The two brothers who own it are ex pros and do like to go the extra mile.

[url=]https://www.snowpeaks.bg/[/url]
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
you can rent ski instructor and equipment from https://www.videlo.net/ .. great service and staff
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy