Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

insurance for seasonaire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, my daughter of 18 is currently in Les Gets for Ski Famillie hosting a chalet.

before she left I set up insurance that will cover her for working there and the skiing that is associated with being in the mountains as a seasonaire. She bought her lift pass yesterday and asked if she should add the Carré Neige Insurance. I thought about it for a few seconds knowing I had already bought the required working insurance package, then thought hang on what god forbid IF so said yes get it. for 90 euro for the season it seemed a no brainer.
However I now question the first insurance I bought maybe I should not of upgraded it to skiing, but then does the Carré Neige Insurance cover a third party that's been hurt by the main skier on the slope? if not then our other insurance is required.

Now the main real question, we have skied off piste together for a number of years now. I know she will not be able to not do the off piste, we always carried transceivers , prob, shovel etc with us. But mainly when we were going further afield it was with a guide, the guide won't be used whilst she is there, so insurance for off piste ? Am i right in thinking the Carré Neige Insurance will not cover her off piste? If not should I be looking for a third additional one, I understand ( I think) that joining the Austrian Ski club gives you insurance for any activity and anywhere on any mountain in any country (but that sounds a little optimistic)

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Carré Neige (in Val Thorens, at least - which we are familiar with) covers off piste rescue by the ski patrol from anywhere that is accessible from the top of a ski lift.

And in regard to whether you should have paid for a separate travel insurance policy... CN provides only €50k cover for medical expenses.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bigtoe, The AAC insurance only covers for the first 80 days of any trip, so probably not what you're looking for.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks guys Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bigtoe, I am slightly surprised that SF didn't provide the necessary insurances Puzzled including liabilities for dealing with clients. Anyhoo. Does Carre Neige cover repatriation? Can't recall. Also, I suspect that Carré (as opposed to Carte) Neige doesn't provide off piste cover without professional guidance? (Not Sure).

If it helps, we now use the Vieux Campeur's policy. Which seems pretty comprehensive and inexpensive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy