Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group Ski Trip Help

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys just wondering if anyone had any suggestions in regards to a cheap ski trip on the 25th March - 1st April. Basically a big group of us uni students are thinking of doing a trip between 8-12 of us. Looking to keep the price down as much as possible since we’re students but still want some good skiing as some in the group are avid skiers and others haven’t skied before. If anyone has any suggestions about where to start looking ie. TOs of DIY trips I’d really appreciate it as everywhere i’m looking is coming out at around £900pp without food or drink and looking to get quite a bit cheaper than that.

Thanks again Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@clintt15, One suggestion for a Tour Operator trip would be to Livigno. It's in a high valley so is still snow secure at the end of March, and as it's a duty free area alcohol is cheaper than in most other ski areas. Very Happy

Also the beginner slopes are centrally located and very suitable for those who haven't skied before, but there is plenty of good skiing for non beginners.

The only downside is that it's a very long transfer from the airport e.g from Bergamo I think it's about 5 hours, but that includes a scheduled half hour coffee and toilet break stop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, Perfect thanks for the suggestion i’ll have a look Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
UCPA are pretty difficult to beat and have a load of different resorts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worth having a look at Andorra, I just had a quick look on Crystal’s website for that week (Sunday to Sunday) and they are showing package deals (flight, transfer, half board accommodation) for £395 as the cheapest plus plenty of other places in a number of resorts for less than £500. Places like Pas de La Casa are very lively for apres (or at least it was when I went many years ago). Also bear in mind, if you go with a tour operator and have 10+ you often get a discount, used to be equivalent to 1 free place, so worth calling up if the offer isn’t available online.

Link here: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-holidays/packages?airports%5B%5D=LGW&units%5B%5D=AND%3ACOUNTRY&when=26-03-2023&until=&choiceSearch=false&flexibility=true&monthSearch=false&flexibleDays=1&flexibleMonths=&noOfAdults=2&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&duration=7115&searchRequestType=ins&searchType=SKI&sp=true&multiSelect=true&room=&isVilla=false&reqType=SKI&sortBy=

Then sort by price, low to high.

Andorra is cheap for booze too…..

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 15-12-22 16:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clintt15,
How big a group?
Have a look at Action Outdoors (UCPA's UK arm). You'd be looking at a high resort that late in the season, so perhaps Tignes or Val D'Isere.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kenzie, probably around 8-12 of us. We're all on a tight budget as students but still want to get out onto the slopes so struggling to find much
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clintt15,
Your problem there is not that it's a big group, but a small one - too small for justifying a coach from the UK, too small for group discounts on lift passes.
Where in the UK would you be travelling from? Could you get cheap flights to the Alps, or 'piggy back' on another Uni's trip?
Price wise with such a small group Action Outdoors/UCPA is probably your best bet, but still leaves you with the problem of transport to & from resort.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kenzie, We’d be flying from Manchester or close ish to there - we aren’t too fussed about all staying in one big chalet if we have to split accommodation to keep the cost down
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could you drive it? Might save some money with 8 of you, nice full cars
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clintt15,
If you can get flights with luggage at a decent price to somewhere like Geneva or Chambery, then you may be able to find affordable transfers & accommodation by asking on Facebook group pages for resorts you'd be interested in (eg Tignes Seasonnaires 2023 group page). The accommodation you could afford outside UCPA/Action Outdoors would likely be small self-catering apartments. Back in the day (last century!) we used Alpine Answers, Skiworld, King's Ski Club or diy for our Uni ski trips, but never took less than 44 pax to get the price down.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Probably France at that time of year and 1800m+. Try Sunweb to La Plagne and get multiple 4 bed apartments. Currently looking around £320 for one of the central villages including lift pass. 8 people should work best for a transfer in a minibus.

https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/search?Allocation=2&Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1992-11-12&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1992-11-12&Participants%5B0%5D%5B2%5D=1992-03-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B3%5D=1992-03-20&DepartureDate%5B0%5D=2023-03-25&DepartureDate%5B1%5D=2023-03-25&Country%5B0%5D=13&Region%5B0%5D=52338&Region%5B1%5D=52335&Region%5B2%5D=52181&Duration%5B0%5D=8-8&sort=Price&offset=0&limit=10

If price is the main driver, Super Devoluy can be yours for only £140 including lift pass for the week!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clintt15 wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Perfect thanks for the suggestion i’ll have a look Very Happy

I don't know if you've looked at Inghams, but they offer the week you are looking for flying from Manchester. Putting in 8 people as the number for the booking it's showing the Al Gal self catering apartments from £798 per person, or if you're looking for half board accommodation that's available in the Hotel Livigno from £1098 (so £300 extra for breakfast and dinner for the week). Inghams say they do group discounts. One thing I wasn't aware of was that Inghams fly into Innsbruck which they say is only a 3 hour transfer to Livigno.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Livigno is another on my list but not visited yet but for a Uni trip I’d put cheap booze fairly high on the list of requirements and can second/third Andorra for that. Booze is cheap and it has a rep for late season snow. Certainly by rep, the choice would be Pas de La Casa for night life and accept the Sunday flights. Cheap package to a hotel looks around £400 on Iglu, which is presumably actually the Crystal holiday.

The only downside is that the blue links are all above Soldeu/El Tartar so to go travelling over the 1st ridge into the rest of the ski area, you need to tackle a red, both ways. The reds are fairly easy though and it’s all a bit easier at that age. Vaguely remember the beginner area itself is reasonable size and def has a chairlift but it is right beside the accommodation (which is not the most beautiful TBH). Should be fine to learn at.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Alastair Pink, I've not replicated your search, but those offers don't make it likely the OP can meet their target £900 a head which presumably includes ski hire and lift pass.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, Thanks for recommending that website you've been a godsend - managed to find a week in LDA with everything for £635 minus food a drink - went there this year so very happy to be going back Very Happy
ski holidays
@clintt15, LDA at that price is a very good call, you said you've been there this year so you already know it's a good resort. snowHead
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Very good resort - thanks again Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy