Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reasonable digs to ski Arlberg for a fortnight

Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks.

Bit last minute I know.....I've got the green light for a 2 week holiday.

Any suggestions on which village/town I should look at for sensibly priced accommodation - doesn't need to be anything fancy, so long as it's walking distance to uplift, and is accessible for transfers.

Apres not a dealbreaker. Traveling solo as it stands - heavy on luggage as I ski and board.....

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd suggest stay in Pettneu village, free fast ski bus to/ from main Galzigbahn 10 mins. Check out the website and search accommodation, apply accommodation filters to below link

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/the-region-st-anton-am-arlberg/the-villages/pettneu-schnann/winter
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stuben also worth a look
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, Pricy though and not as many options for sensible priced accom mostly hotels, great ski in/out - 2 weeks there and i'd have cabin fever
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Jakob would be ok as you can use the bus
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, expensive compared to what? apartments from Euro 54 seems pretty decent to me!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Markymark29, Request is for walking distance to uplift. There used to be a gondola in Pettneu, but that one is now in Warth. wink
@wozzad, you need to specify your budget for accommodation to get more detailed advice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Walking distance to uplift can only mean St. Anton.
Sensibly priced accommodation can only mean (theoretically, as it depends on your budget as Langerzug correctly wrote) Pettneu or St. Jakob that are connected by bus.
So you'll have to choose.
Arlberg is never a cheap destination but the village websites of St. Anton and of Lech can show you cheaper options you'll never find on Booking.com etc.
It all depends on what do you want to do in Arlberg and what is your budget.
For example I'm not an Apres animal, I've just showed my mate Tignes' Jam Bar, Loop and Marmot Arms and could hardly stay inside for a few minutes. The music and the atmosphere weren't much fun, we're lucky we found nice people to sit with and talk.
But I'll always stay in St. Anton and end each skiing day at the BaseCamp or Mooserwirt, it's happy and fun
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try this B&B place I stayed at a few years ago in Nasserein - almost ski to door, next to ski bus, short walk to lift - clean, warm and cheap

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/accommodation/accommodations/STA/ee41a71b-3813-4d15-b538-b25412d5a5e3/pension-waldruh?useDetailSearch=false
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@wozzad, there is now very little reasonably priced accommodation within easy walking distance of the lifts. Pettneu really is worth looking at. There are still a fair number of traditional Pension Garni (b&b). It is very easy to get to the lifts (Nassereinbahn & Galzigbahn) easier than most of "St Anton" and there are a number of bars etc in the village (unlike St Jakob). Prices have gone up a lot in recent years but you can still find €50 a night places. As above the only place to look for accommodation is the tourist office site
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wozzad,
This really is a "geheimtipp" in generally quite pricy Lech:
https://www.lechzuers.com/de/buchen/unterkuenfte/LEH/4c8976b9-ae0a-4fac-a5df-1d57df69bfcb/pension-kirchblick

It is a typically Austrian b&b. In 5min walking distance to Schlosskopflift. And virtually ski-in if you know a bit how to ski.
Busstop at doorstep, villagecentre at 10 minutes walk.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Langerzug, If I was OP I’d be in Pettneu but it’s up to them. The bus drops at Bus Terminal for direct access to main gondola, probably easier than walking to the lift directly!

There’s plenty cheaper accom up the hill at side of Galzigbahn going up to Moos but it’s a proper chew on the ski bus ime, and frequently bus full on way down.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@wozzad, Try this place, friend stayed there once, they do good deals (or used to at least!):-

https://www.das-elisabeth-arlberg.at/en/home/

200m from Galzigbahn.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got a pretty good deal at https://www.hotel-feuerstein.at/en/ mid-January via the St Anton tourist board site. Only thing I am concerned about is eating out in the evening. Would have preferred a studio with cooking facilities to keep costs down. I am not mean but am going to South America all February and need to hold onto the ££ for possible April trip to VT.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hawkesbaynz, that's hardly walking distance of the lifts, I have stayed opposite. Good for supermarket not so good for bars and bus to lifts. Perfectly nice though.
latest report
I had planned to recommend Haus Kandahar, I used to stay here often about 25 years ago, super close to the lift and was pretty cheap back then.

Now about 100euro a night for b&b.
latest report
@JimboS, £100 today is £45 in 1997. Sounds OK to me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy