Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last min trip for the New Year or possibly Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks. Never sure what the right forum is to ask a question like this so hope this is the best one.

Due to a last minute mess around with family it looks like my 15 year old son and I could get away over the Xmas break. Thinking New Year over Xmas, but Xmas might be an option.

To minimise the stress I would prefer to go with a package holiday rather than book flights myself etc, Having never done that and being with my son, I'm worried about the transfer element of it all. Also, as it's just my son and I, I was thinking a chalet over self catering. Bit of company in the evenings etc. Having said that, SC would be an option, or hotel with facilities to keep him entertained! Another complication, we live in the north of Scotland which can limit options.

So question is, based on the above, has anybody got any suggestions for a good valued last min deal please?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's really too early for genuine "last minute deals". People have been waiting to see what early snow was like (it took its time arriving) and Christmas and New Year are amongst the busiest weeks of the year. So you probably have to pay full whack. There aren't nearly so many catered chalets these days. I suggest you do some googling and if you come up with any likely looking deals you will get detailed feedback here.

You could try the "Chalets direct" solutions room.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, Thank you. I did wonder to "hold my nerve" for a bit longer. Just had a look on Inghams website and can get a week to a few places, departing on the 24th SC from GLA or EDI for £550pp, which I thought was good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd be looking at the bigger tour ops for last min deals, assuming they've pre-bought flights so would want to sell seats vs them go unused

ie

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-deals/last-minute-ski-deals/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
surely packaged holidays limit you to someone like Crystal?
Transfers should be included with a package.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What you need to watch with Scottish flights is they can fill while there are late deals on accommodation you need to head south to take advantage.
Inghams I don't think are doing their own charts from Scotland this year and are using Jet 2 etc so will have just taken an allocation on each flight.
£550pp seems ok but personally we prefer catered but thats just our thing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

£550pp seems ok

£550 for a week - especially catered - seems very good to me. Where to? What sort of accommodation?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Garfield wrote:
£550pp seems ok but personally we prefer catered but thats just our thing.

That's a typo actually, it should have been £500, actually it was £499! That was SC.

I don't mind SC but it's keeping my son and I entertained in the evening that's the problem. Him more than me, although some company for me would be nice. We did a week to Pas in April. We stayed in a great hotel with a nice bar, pool table etc. Was great to have a few other guests there. I was looking at the same place but I'm not sure on the snow then, plus coming out quite expensive. Single dad and a tight Yorkshireman living in Scotland! Lol.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Out of curiosity I just had a look at the crystal site £436 pp half board to La Thule next Tuesday looks a good deal to me, but once again the flight is from England not Scotland. The £649 trip to La Plagne from Edinburgh on Saturday may be even better but sadly doesn't escape the UK Christmas as it returns on Christmas eve.

Are there even any flights from the north of Scotland?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE wrote:
Out of curiosity I just had a look at the crystal site £436 pp half board to La Thule next Tuesday looks a good deal to me, but once again the flight is from England not Scotland. The £649 trip to La Plagne from Edinburgh on Saturday may be even better but sadly doesn't escape the UK Christmas as it returns on Christmas eve.

Are there even any flights from the north of Scotland?

Thanks John but I can only go School holidays, so that's 24th through to the 8th Jan.

Ref airports, ABZ is closest (technically INV is but I won't get anything from there), GLA and EDI a good 3.5 hour drive but best for fight options. I've used MAN before, that's 7 hours! I would use again though for the right trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy