Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way - Via Latte 2022/2023

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re here in Montgenevre at the moment. The gondrans sector is really good, a little softer in the afternoon. The chalvet side is dire by lunchtime, very heavy and slushy, although still good higher up. This is the first time we’ve skied this late in the season and some of the snow conditions have taken a bit of getting used too! Most lifts and pistes are open though. Some new snow would be greatly appreciated and it looks like some is forecast on Sunday (the day we leave Eh oh! )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know that there was some talk further up about car hire, but it seems the prices have gone up significantly for the last week of the season! Looking at £250 for the week now from Turin!

But my question is, has anyone managed to fit a family of 4 (adults and teens), with four suitcases (2 pairs of boots will be in cases, but no skis) in to a "medium" / "Golf" sized car? Of should I get something bigger?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4 full size cases will be a very tight squeeze.

Depends on exact car and case size. You would probably need to 60/40 split fold the seat and leave the teens sat on the 60 to create so more luggage room. Its only 1-1.5hrs drive,

Soft siders or large holdalls might give you more tetris flexibility. 4 hard side cases is almost certainly a definite no in a standard hatchback.

Can you spec an estate car for similar ££. The golf & ford focus estates are very roomy and you lose the hard parcel shelf, which is just a pain when trying to stack luggage
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Soft siders or large holdalls might give you more tetris flexibility. 4 hard side cases is almost certainly a definite no in a standard hatchback.

This. Forget suitcases when you have to squish stuff into the back of a car. It's such a pity there are so few proper "estates" around these days. With two people in the back of a car a big squishy hold-all could be seat-belted upright into the middle seat. And perhaps another on the floor. If I was one of the teenagers I'd prefer that to being crammed in with my sibling!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Sestriere for the last day of the season tomorrow! Found run 21 today, an easy black from the top of Fraiteve, also a natural half-pipe on the way down 25 which was fun Very Happy

The question is, now many of the lower runs are closed, and the sun facing sides of the mountain are getting a bit patchy, are there any other black/red runs that are still worth a visit?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy