Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bag

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a new ski bag at the mo. I need one before I go to Tignes on the 1st of July. Can't find much at snow and rock or ellis-brigham. My skis are 178 so it needs to be pretty long. I suppose it would make more sense to get a double bag also as I know I'll probably by some freeride skis when I go to whistler, Been looking at next years 1080 gun Blush (wood core) or the new seth but that is a few months off just yet. Going to put my 4* supersports and atomic triplets on ebay soon too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, the best ones look quite good in a thong, but be aware that they're easily pinched by better equipped skiers in resort.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That went right over my head Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edmundh009, It was supposed to go under your belt.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have prefered an actual recommended seller for ski bags. As opposed to your dry wit Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque,
Quote:

Edmundh009, the best ones look quite good in a thong, but be aware that they're easily pinched by better equipped skiers in resort.

I see that you have your knickers' head on tonight rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Edmundh009, try Ski Bartlett.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Bartlett is where I got my skis from, but their website leaves alot to be desired. looked on edge2edge and they have a salomon double bag for like £35. Probably go with it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Edmundh009, Bartlett's website isn't up to much, and they have a far wider range in the shop. I'd recommend you give them a call first, then fall back to Edge2Edge if Bartlett's can't help (are E2E open at the moment - I think they shut down in the summer?). I recently collected a terrific double wheeled ski bag from Bartlett (which I won in a raffle Smile) which is part of Bartlett's own label goods.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Edmundh009, I was getting there . . . EB bags are well made. I've got their long wheelie which'll take 2m skis and a board.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, I've managed to trash my one of them in about 3 trips
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
trashed in three trips, I would have expected more from a £70 bag, probably go with the salomon one then, though I did want something a bit more understated.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought a Rossignol one which had a broken zip by the second time I used it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Edmundh009, I have the currentl Bartlett's Mail Order Race Catalogue here which is showing 2 pair bags from Atomic (£34.99, fairly subdued red with white/grey flashing), Head (£34.99, understated blue), Bartlett (£34.99, grey, padded).The Salomon bag (£34.99, definitely not subdued red) is quoted at 180cm, which I would have thought would be a bit on the tight side if you already have some 178cm skis. They also have a 3 pair bag/case from Fischer at £44.99 which doesn't look too bad either. Other than the Salomon bag, no lengths are given for any of the others.

I have a thinnish black/yellow Rossignol bag, which hasn't broken yet in about 10 trips, although it's wearing a bit thin. It's just long enough to get a helmet at then end of my 184cm skis, but no boots. I stuff it pretty full and it while it just about copes with two pairs of skis, having a touring binding on one pair takes up a huge amount of space (wont mesh alongside another binding) and that really strains the zip.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers for the info Graham, I'll give em a ring. the salomon bag at £34.99 was the one I was thinking of if I can't get anything else. May go with their own brand bag.
ski holidays
I've got tidy ski bags off EBay
snow report
Edmundh009, following on from my post above, the performance of the £70 EB bag contrasts with a cheapo (about £20 IIRC) Dynastar bag which is getting a bit battered now but still usable after about 5 years and several trips
latest report
Depends if you want the basic skis only bag or a drag bag which skips the trolley unpleasantness (but isn't that manueouvrable in a check-in maze). Da Kine drag bags are pretty much the industry standard but do add weight.
snow conditions
I have a Snow and Rock double bag with wheels - but I would not recommend it.

Wheels are of limited use on ski bags. The narrow wheel base means they tip over and they are difficult to prop up against things.

I only carry one pair of skis now, in my old no-wheels bag.
ski holidays
These seem OK.
ski holidays
I bought a Head Monster Wheelie Ski Bag a few weeks ago from http://beansonline.co.uk for £79.99 & it's superb.

I reckon this is the ideal bag to get the best deal on ski bag carriage charges as most of the airlines have a high weight limit on paid for ski bags (European 32kg & US/Canada 23kg?) so I wanted a bag to be able to take the excess gear from my checked hold luggage.

I reckon that the advertised capacity of four pairs of skis is only possible if the bindings are removed from two pairs however it'll easily hold two pairs of skis (c/w bindings) & my boots/loads of clothes/avi gear etc.

It actually holds my three pairs of skis if I slide off one pair of bindings with still plenty of room for extra gear - & as you can see they're pretty wide:
ski holidays
I ordered a Dakine Fall line double ski bag off facewest, came today (£60). Wow this thing is huge compared with my mincey Volkl 165cm single bag. Its padded all over but not very thick, I think I could get away with it full and a decent sized carry-on for most trips.
latest report
Try a snowboard bag, you can get loads of gear in.
snow conditions
Just had a thought, how the hell am I going to get it into the car Embarassed Embarassed . Going to get some strange looks in the airport on saturday Embarassed
snow report
Edmundh009, what sort of car do you have Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy