Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur 22/23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tjhodgson_145 wrote:
bobmcstuff wrote:
Went over to La Thuile today, it was very windy so all the pistes were scoured and it was absolutely freezing. Probably caught it on a bad day (despite it being sunny) but it didn't really capture me. Ski area is a bit barren.

The La Rosiere side was nice though, no wind and good pistes.

im heading to Courmayeur next week to ski Friday onwards. Got a hire car. Where do you recommend?

Sorry, I didn't check this thread again - came home late Thursday night.

There was plenty in Courmayeur for me, and the pistes were in good condition. La Thuile seemed a bit barren as above - but La Rosiere on the French side was skiing well. So if you're there for a week it's probably worth taking a day and skiing across from La Thuile to France, and I'm sure if the wind was less strong La Thuile would be better. I'm aware there are other resorts in the Aosta valley though so someone else may be able to give better advice!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobmcstuff wrote:
Tjhodgson_145 wrote:
bobmcstuff wrote:
Went over to La Thuile today, it was very windy so all the pistes were scoured and it was absolutely freezing. Probably caught it on a bad day (despite it being sunny) but it didn't really capture me. Ski area is a bit barren.

The La Rosiere side was nice though, no wind and good pistes.

im heading to Courmayeur next week to ski Friday onwards. Got a hire car. Where do you recommend?

Sorry, I didn't check this thread again - came home late Thursday night.

There was plenty in Courmayeur for me, and the pistes were in good condition. La Thuile seemed a bit barren as above - but La Rosiere on the French side was skiing well. So if you're there for a week it's probably worth taking a day and skiing across from La Thuile to France, and I'm sure if the wind was less strong La Thuile would be better. I'm aware there are other resorts in the Aosta valley though so someone else may be able to give better advice!

thank you!

I will try to remember to update when im there Friday
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coming here for the first time later this week Very Happy - how is Courmeyeur looking? Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lazyskier, ... https://www.snoweye.com/?resort=it_courmayeur ...looks like this!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Chamonix for a few days and have decided on a whim to get a Flixbus to Courmayeur for the day tomorrow.

Feel free to share anything I absolutely should know at this late notice!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To answer my own question... conditions at Courmayeur yesterday were very good, excellent from mid-mountain up.

I spent most of the day on and off the piste from Gabba, where former were soft and latter full of light fluffy powder.

Didn't make it up Youla so on the bus now and heading back to try there and see how conditions have held up.

I rode #25 Colonne all the way down at the end of the day, and whilst it had clearly thawed a bit down there and started to refreeze, it was still reasonably easy.

It would clearly be a red if it wasn't the only way down and they don't want too many people using it at the end of the day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whilst visibility wasn't great on Tuesday morning, conditions underfoot were and it was well worth making the trip from Chamonix a second time.

Things improved after lunch, so managed to get up Youla and Arp to enjoy the view and "brave" the black down. A bit like the Colonne run, this seems to have been graded to deliberately keep the over-confident away as I'd have said it was a red at the very worst.

Not that I'm complaining about Courmayeur's tendency to do this, quite the opposite.

From the sounds of @HammondR's post in the Chamonix Valley thread , conditions were still good on Wednesday too.

Haven't boarded in Italy before (apart from a couple of runs in Cervinia from Zermatt) and was really impressed by everything: piste maintenance, piste signage ( especially the named and numbered markers at the sides of the pistes), chairlifts that were so easy to get off (got back binding caught under chair a few times in Chamonix due to lack of clearance, even when folded down)

Is this pretty standard for Italy / Aosta Valley? If so, I will definitely need to explore it further.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jebroni3_16, it's probably been graded black to try to keep the numbers down on the rickety old cable car?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Courmayer today after days out at both Pila and La Thuile where conditions were mixed. With last night’s dusting of Snow very good conditions. Anybody venture an opinion on whether Cervinia worth a visit from Aosta or below f conditions at Courmayer will continue to hold out?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy