Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen Transfers from Innsbruck airport

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
I'm flying solo to Innsbruck on 7th Jan staying in Mayrhofen for 7 nights. Can anyone suggest the easiest/cost effective way to get there and back?
I have looked at private hire but it's way out of my league as a solo traveller. wink
Train? Buses? Regular shuttles? How easy is it to get to the Innsbruck train station from the airport?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks peeps Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bus and train - really easy and you can book / pay before you go
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frequent buses from the airport to the central train station. Train to Jenbach, change onto the Valley railway to Mayrhofen. Its a doodle. I think no need to book in advance .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, when you get to the Mayrhofen station are there taxis, do they rip you off?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hugh-Jorgen, download the oebb app https://www.oebb.at/en/tickets-kundenkarten/online-mobile-ticketing/oebb-app , it is in English and lets you buy tickets for trains and buses all over Austria, details stored on your phone no need to print out bits of paper or queue for tickets. Will give you details of your journey from A to B too. Lots of trains between Innsbruck & Jenbach not so many up and down the Zillertal so maybe you have to wait a short time at Jenbach.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Taxis are not too expensive from the train station to the village as it all very close, where are you staying?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 6-12-22 19:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of taxis, reliable and well regulated. Depending on where you are staying in Mayrhofen, the buses could be just as simple as a taxi, or you may even be able to walk
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can get a bus from outside the train station. Anyway everywhere is walkable.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
munich_irish wrote:
Lots of trains between Innsbruck & Jenbach not so many up and down the Zillertal so maybe you have to wait a short time at Jenbach.

Well the Zillertalbahn timetable shows that the trains from Jenbach usually run at 30 minute intervals, so not that long a wait. https://www.zillertalbahn.at/page.cfm?vpath=fahrplan/gesamtfahrplan&switchLocale=en_GB
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brilliant info from everyone, thank you so much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The valley ziller train & busses are free with a valid ski pass/in your ski gear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
True and good for going between areas while you are there but unless you travelling there really early or leaving really late you’re unlikely to have a valid ski pass on your travel days.

And I’ve seen train tickets being checked so do get one.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair Pink, perhaps its my memory or perhaps more trains in the skiing season but I am sure I can remember having to wait the best part of an hour for a train at Jenbach.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Taxis are very reasonable, or were last winter anyway.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gored wrote:
The valley ziller train & busses are free with a valid ski pass/in your ski gear.

The 4104 bus that goes up to Hintertux from Mayrhofen is cash only, but he let me on for free because I had my big ski luggage bag with me, but one to watch out for just in case.
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Gored wrote:

The 4104 bus that goes up to Hintertux from Mayrhofen is cash only, but he let me on for free because I had my big ski luggage bag with me, but one to watch out for just in case.

Yes - sorry. I assume that is because tux is not part of the ski pass/area
snow conditions
Another vote for the train.

Maybe I've been lucky (Munich Irish) but on the outbound the transfer across the platform at Jenbach was straightforward, the wait was or seemed like it was ten minutes. The red Zillertal 'Express' in its red livery was in and enough time to stow your gear and get comfy.
ski holidays
Gored wrote:
swskier wrote:
Gored wrote:

Yes - sorry. I assume that is because tux is not part of the ski pass/area

More duff info
snow conditions
Another vote for train, caught it back solo from Mayrhofen on my only trip there in Jan 2020, 5/10 min wait at Jenbach. At Innsbruck railway station, out the door and the bus stop for airport is right there and a quick trip.

Assume as easy from airport to Mayrhofen, however never got to try that as fog in Innsbruck caused flight to get re-directed to Munich.

3 of us couldn’t be bothered with waiting to see if flight could go back or a coach transfer , so got a taxi, grabbed a crate of beer and some jägers at the nearest shop and a few hours later didn’t feel the pain of the c€400 taxi !
latest report
@ribblevalleyblue

Very Happy that's the spirit!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy