Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A question addressed to folks who have previously stayed in the resort during ski season:
Planning to arrive with a non skier OH.
Oscillating between 2 hotels, both 3 stars and with positive reviews:
Cime d'oro and Europa.
Europa is closer to Pradalgo lift and seems close to Cinque Laghi as well, from some reviews I understand it's even possible to ski back to the hotel's neighbourhood instead of walking in ski boots/waiting for a bus.
Cime d'oro have a free shuttle to Spinale. And a spa, but that's not a deal breaker for any of us.
Which one is more central for the non skier? Shops, coffee and trekking wise, and to take a gondola in order to meet for lunch?
Which one is closer to a better positioned lift, in order to access the wider area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been over 10 years since I stayed at the Europa. 5 to 10 min walk down into bars, shops. Best bit was the old 2 man chair which fed the slalom run about 50m behind the hotel which gives you quick access to the mountain with a short run to the Patacoss? chair. Yes, you could ski down to the same point on return.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dont know about your two but stopped in the Hotel Alpina a few years ago and can thoroughly recommend it central position and not too far from the lifts ..very central and never had to get a bus !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been to MdC 4 or 5 times and are staying at the Europa for the first time this year and personally I'd choose this over Cime d'oro (which I didn't look at so have based this on location only).

We stayed in Hotel Bertelli in September and walked past Europa so know exactly where it is, I don't know Cime d'oro but it's a bit on the edge of town.

From Europa it's maybe 5 mins walk into the town centre vs est 15mins for Cime d'oro. Add a few mins to both on the way back as they're both uphill. Once in the main Piazza it's 1 min to Cinque Laghi lift and maybe another 5 mins walk to Spinale or you can catch a ski bus to Spinale.

Europa is a short downhill walk to the two man lift that @anarchicsaltire mentions, from memory maybe 150-200 m from the door to the lift (if you look on Google maps it's up a lane next to the Hungry Wolf bar) it's maybe 4-500 m to Pradalago (there is an pedestrian alley you cut through then maybe 100m uphill). You can use either to up/download and they give you access to two different ski areas.

Europa is handier for the ski bus to Groste as it's on a main road and a short journey up to the Groste area (IIRC for Groste you need to change for hotels on the Cime d'oro side of town but I could be wrong).

FYI To get to either Groste/Fortini or Spinale lifts from Europa you can walk to Pradalago lift, go up this and then ski all the way down to either without needing to take another lift, much nicer than walking across town or getting a bus, those pistes are reds and blues.

Check what time the bus runs but some hotel shuttles do stop at 4:30 or 5:00, also check they only do Spinale, we stayed at Chalet del Brenta and the bus took you anywhere and was on demand but stopped at 4:30 which was a let down at the end of the day as we like to ski to the last lift.

From Cime d'oro you can easily walk (or ski bus) to the Colarin lift station, this is on the top of a multistorey car park and gives you easy access to the Cinque Laghi area but also Pinzolo (from Europa you'd need to take 2 chair lifts to get to the same point).

Note that I've not tried this but it looks like it's possible to get to Hotel Europa by stopping at the side of the piste and hopping over a fence before a ca 200m downhill walk but I'm not sure about this as we only noticed in September. This is likely what's mentioned in reviews but also the piste runs right behind the hotel so maybe there is a gate or something, I've never noticed one but never had a reason to look.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have stayed in the Bertelli which is a good hotel and ski-in ski-out via unoffical tracks. I got the impression that the main centre area was just below the Bertelli and relatively compact, so maybe the Cime d'oro would be a bit of a trek. I think there were quite a few mountain restaurants accessible by gondola for pedestrians
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed at the Montana which is next door to the Europa, we skied in/out from the blue run just behind the hotel and it was very handy for town as well, not sure if the Europa also has an access at the back but even if not it is a very short walk from the Miramonti lift. Cime D'Oro is quite a bit further from the main ski access. Walking around town (for non skier without gear) is fine from either, but Europa is nearer to the main square. Both main lifts (5 Laghi and Spinale) have restaurants at the top for a lunch meet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone stayed at Sporthotel Romantic Plaza?
We've booked for Feb half-term.
I don't think you can ski back, but what's the access to the slopes like?
Any other tips?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DickyMint wrote:
Anyone stayed at Sporthotel Romantic Plaza?
We've booked for Feb half-term.
I don't think you can ski back, but what's the access to the slopes like?
Any other tips?

not stayed there but you can ski back pretty close as long as there is snow in the town, see this webcam which shows the neighbouring hotel on the LHS and skiers coming down on the RHS. IIRC it's an unofficial run into town that comes off the nice little grotto run.

https://www.campigliodolomiti.it//webcams/campiglio/cam_campiglio_15.jpg

Decent location in the town centre, short walk to Pradalago, Cinque Laghi and Miramonti. Not too far to Spinale either.

tips
do go to Pinzolo in one direction and Marilleva in the other, the latter has some lovely runs through the trees but will likely be busy at half term as it's very family friendly. The piste between MdC and Marilleva can get quite cut up and bumpy as they are a bottle neck so if you have a nervous skier in the group don't come back late in the day.

We always use ski nazionale ski school for group and private lessons, they've always been good

Restaurant at top of Spinale is good and popular as is the one near the Groste mid station which is popular with a younger crowd enjoying sun, snow and drinks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy