Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A new app for ski adventures

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Im my spare time I've been working on Montino, a free app for finding ski adventures. I spent a couple of winters in the Alps and always loved helping people have great days on the mountain by recommending runs and areas to ski. My app basically collects them together into itineraries to follow. You can sort them by country, resort and difficulty.

The app features the Three Valley Escapade (remember that!?) And the Sella Ronda (both clockwise and anti clockwise). I'd love it if people fancy trying them out and sharing how you get on.

I've loaded lots of adventures which I love skiing and want to share. Now I'm looking to add more content from other ski experts. Take a look at the app and if you'd like to contribute adventures please let me know.

The app is on Android and iPhone. There might be some bugs so please be gentle but honest with your feedback.

Links to the appstore and play store are here: www.montino.app
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the concept. I also like that I don't have to put in an email address or anything to try it!

Adding maps of some kind to the 'adventures' would be very helpful - and being able to select a starting point e.g. most of the 3 vallees ones look like you have to start at a fixed point, when you might actually want to start elsewhere on the 'loop'.

And a bug (Android) - when hitting 'back' from within an 'adventure', it takes me the whole way back to the swipey intro screens, not just back to adventure selections or the home screen (using gesture navigation, android 13, LG V60).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like it but it needs maps
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am an anxious intermediate I therefore like the idea of being able to follow a route that someone else has assured is really "low intermediate" e.g. a route that might include a red or two where actually they aren't that difficult or that might exclude some of the blues because they should really be reds.

What we do at the moment if we go to a new resort is that hubby will go and recce the runs before I attempt them - an app like this might alleviate the need to do that. It would need whoever has declared the route "beginner" to not overestimate what someone can do though.

I guess another way to give me what I'd like in an app is a database of the runs and reviews of them - e.g. "easy red, mostly wide pistes", or "blue but with narrow steep bit at blah, best avoided a home time" "green, road, lots of pole punting required" "narrow road, steep drop to the left" (I'm scared of heights lol!)

If the route creator/reviewer is "named" can put their own skill level that would help to decide whether to trust it or not. e.g. If I saw it was written by someone "very advanced" then I'd be less likely to take their opinion that a route was "beginner" than someone who was a "low intermediate"

Happy to document the routes that we do in Valmenier/Valloire next week if that helps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Topic locked due to duplication - see https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=167039 instead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy